Mixing desk suggestions....Help!!!

jbascur

Hi people!!!
Back here in the homerecording bbs....
I finnaly end the construction of my home sweet home....
I have now (for me) plenty of space for my recording studio...
Now I'm designing the mixing desk forniture...
It has to be big enough to give room to my VS2480 with 14 inch regular PC screen.
Also to a few compresors, preamps patch pannel and effecst racked... and to my BX8 monitors...
Do you have some design suggestions such as matrials used or a "well thinked design" for this?
I'm currently drawing my own but it would be great to consider your knowledge...

Thank you on advanced and sorry for my terrible english...

couple things we need to know... is it going against a wall, or in a corner??? How much space do you have to work with just for the desk area??? On the rack, how many rack spaces would you need total... maybe with room for some expansion also???

I have a VS 2400 recording set-up. The problem with custom desks is that if you decide to change your format or gear then sometimes you need a new desk. I ran into this problem. Next tim I am going with a table and some small 4 space table racks. That way the racks are up where I can adjust them easier and they can also act as monitor stands. I can move the stuff on the desk around when I get something new. ;)

If you give me links, dimensions and ideas of what you would like i can throw you up an exact plan. I just finished on my custom desk and it really does look brilliant!

tech can you post a pic of your desk? I saw the computer aided designed ones. I would like to see the real thing. :D

thank you

hey guys, thank you for your quick replyes
My studio is pretty much like the drawing:

The idea is to set the monitors in independent devices.

Attachments

• room.JPG
    room.JPG
    9.8 KB · Views: 65
Back