Mixing advice for this

This sounds fresh and clean - I like that. The overall balance sounds good to me. The snare seems a bit stark, though. Not necessarily too loud, but would sound better smoothed out some, maybe add reverb, or compression if you don't like the verb.

Fresh and clean hey...in a negative way then?

I could tinker with the stereo spread, sure.

Thanks gecko

Ok thanks Gecko...songs I make at home on my RME unit have been described as kind of 'clean' in the past so I thought maybe it was a little sterile or something. (RME gear has been described as pretty clean sounding)

Thanks fellas. I tweaked it a tad here and there. And I'll leave it at that.
Just wanted to say that overall I love the song, performance and mix. There is some generalized weirdness/artifacts, I think coming from soundcloud but even that doesn't detract. Good stuff man. I don't check in often but its great to find gems like this waiting.

Just wanted to say that overall I love the song, performance and mix. There is some generalized weirdness/artifacts, I think coming from soundcloud but even that doesn't detract. Good stuff man. I don't check in often but its great to find gems like this waiting.
Since you were looking for advice - keep doing whatever you are doing :-)

Thanks Chuck. Appreciate it. I find the home recording caper very difficult so any positive comment is a confidence builder.

Thanks Chuck. Appreciate it. I find the home recording caper very difficult so any positive comment is a confidence builder.Yeah,
Yeah I find it such a gigantic pain in the ass that I barely bother anymore. I can't stand the whole get something down then futz with it forever anymore. I have been recording continuously since 1987 and my recordings and mixes still are all over the map lol.

Back