Mixers

ecc83

There was a debate fairly recently about the pros and cons of mixer but I am stuffed if I can find it!
What has prompted this post is that I have just bought a brand new* Behringer Xenyx 12002 FX for the princely sum of £52 from Amazon. Ordered Sunday night, came about 4pm yesterday!

I THOUGHT I was buying a USB mixer but I cocked that up. No matter, this thing is easily worth a nifty. 4 mic/line inputs, two more stereo line inputs, 3 band eq, FX send, pan and the usual other small mixer features. The mic amp hve oodles of gain and only make a slight hiss at the top of the gain range. I used a cheap dynamic and got plenty of clean level.

One daft part of the design is that they take the headphone feed POST Main Mix level control so you cannot kill monitor out and keep a cans signal but that would not be a big problem for many people and in any case it can be kludged externally. For the price, anyone wanting a 4 mic mixer to feed say the spare inputs on an AI this would give really good results. It would also IMHO be ideal for a solo artist, even a small ensemble that needed a mixer to send to FOH PA.

*But I suspect the stock had been hanging around a long time hence the low price?

Dave.

Back