mixer stands

Mo-Kay

Dragon Soul Productions
Last time I set up my studio, I build a desk together with my dad.

That was cool and all, but for the next time (wich should be coming up in a couple of months), I was thinking of maybe building a "top unit" to house my mixer and some 19" equipment, and use it in conjunction with a mixer stand.

My question: are there any "bigger" mixer stands available that look decent too?

I noticed thomann sells mixer stands that are either a bit narrow (fine if I would only put my A&H 42 series mixer on it), or really wide and really ugly (harmonica-fold-type-stands).

I was thinking of maybe buying one of those stands for Mackie mixers, but since I can't seem to find a "standalone" pic...that's just a guess.

Mo-Kay

indeed! (well known pic, love your setup btw :))

But I need some advice on building, or buying the "stand" that holds that enclosure up.

What kind of mixer? If you can use basic power tools, you could easily modify my design to fit just about anything.

42 series allen & heath...it's a road version though so it's in a non-removable flight case now...so I'll have to take it out, and screw it into the desk.

Do you havce plans for that desk?

Is this your mixer? Do you have the 16 or 24 channel version?

Attachments

• 42_series.jpg
    42_series.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 43
yes , that's my baby (though mine has been modified to have direct outs, bus inserts etc)

I have the 16 ch. version.

the sizes mentioned in the manual include the case though.

what about it?

Back