Mix This - Ashen Cycle - Witnesses

SLCicu

Hello everyone,

My name is Stefan Lucian Cicu and i am the drummer and producer of the band Ashen Cycle.

We're a metal band from Bucharest, Romania, made up of 3 members: myself, Sebastian Bica and Roland Alexandru Jugubete

We're sharing the raw tracks for one of our singles called Witnesses.

Here's the link to the finished song as well:

Thank you,
Stefan Lucian

Last edited:
Hi Stefan,

I'd really like to mix this, but it's unclear how the sounds you posted relate to each other because they're not arranged as they were in the original song.

Would it be possible for you to post the full multitracks for each instrument from the start to the end of the song?

Thanks.

Hey Jon,

That is very weird as i tried to not create that problem.

I imported the tracks in a new project and the only thing that wasn't in sync were the drums. Here's a screenshot of how the project looks like with the drums aligned to the correct 150 BPM and the correct place inside the song (at 00:12:12). Don't really know why the midi file didn't print like all the other tracks, haha.

Everything else should be just "plug and play"

1676665789788.png

Hope this helps.
Really looking forward to hearing your take on it!

Thanks,
Stefan Lucian

Last edited:
Hi Stefan,

I think I'm just about done.

I wanted to create a more "radio-friendly" mix, focussing on bringing out the detail of the instruments and that powerful vocal. So, my mix drops the original SFX and launches straight into the initial toms run.

I used MT Power Kit 2 for the drums, but the MIDI file looks like it has some unusual mappings. I've probably missed quite a lot of the rides, so if you can tell me what notes map to what drum or cymbal, I'll add them. Personally, I quite like the ride work as it is.

Here's the MP3. If you'd like the WAV or the multitracks, drop me a message, and I'll send you a Dropbox link.

Attachments

• Ashen Cycle - Witnesses - RADIO MIX.mp3
    8.1 MB
Hi Stefan,

I think I'm just about done.

I wanted to create a more "radio-friendly" mix, focussing on bringing out the detail of the instruments and that powerful vocal. So, my mix drops the original SFX and launches straight into the initial toms run.

I used MT Power Kit 2 for the drums, but the MIDI file looks like it has some unusual mappings. I've probably missed quite a lot of the rides, so if you can tell me what notes map to what drum or cymbal, I'll add them. Personally, I quite like the ride work as it is.

Here's the MP3. If you'd like the WAV or the multitracks, drop me a message, and I'll send you a Dropbox link.
Holy s**t, man, this sounds completely different to what i made. Like the fuzzy tone on the guitars!

Didn't expect such a big difference. Love it!

Holy s**t, man, this sounds completely different to what i made. Like the fuzzy tone on the guitars!

Didn't expect such a big difference. Love it!

Oh, wow. Thanks!

I had a blast making this mix. Metal has always had a blend of energy and musicianship you just don't get in any other genre of modern music.

I'd love to mix another track of yours.

I just took a look at Google Drive and all I see is a list of .wav files in a .rar file. That's all I got when I downloaded the .zip file folder. No access to the WAV files.

I just took a look at Google Drive and all I see is a list of .wav files in a .rar file. That's all I got when I downloaded the .zip file folder. No access to the WAV files.
Hey hey,

I'm not sure i understand your issue. You should be able to download the .rar file and have all the WAV files (+the midi for the drums) available.

Should look something like this:

1692896113021.png

And after you download the .rar file, you should be able to extract all the files as seen below:

1692896402337.png

Hope this helps!

Would love to hear your take on the mixing of this song.

Last edited:
I don't know what the problem is. Something on my end isn't working correctly.

I can see this in your Google Drive before I try downloading (I can't do anything with these) :

waves.jpg

Then I download a .zip file :

google zip.jpg

Then I extract to my Downloads folder :

extract to downloads.jpg

I click to open RAR file and I get this :

dead end.jpg

Clicking Save in this screen just saves it to Downloads - Again with the same results seen here.

DEAD END

Hey man,

For some reason it looks like your PC is trying to open the .rar file with internet explorer ? :D

Try to open it with winRAR or 7zip and it should work.

Let me know if that helps.

Back