mix down from 2trk r2r

lanterns

I'm going live through my tascam 244 into the akai m-8 using guitar, vox, synth and drums. i want to burn CD's from my PC. I don't have any money to buy more equipment so if I use soft. it needs to be free (or dirt cheap).

Most CD burners come with software to facilitate making music CDs.

Which CD burner software do you have?

Many sound cards also come with software to record wave files from line inputs and convert to mp3 and other music formats.

Which sound card do you have on your computer?

Cheers! :)

I've got dB Power amp for ripping and converting. I don't know what kind of card. I'm on a Presario with 2.4GH, 40GB, 128mb. running XP.

Should I get a new card? I don't have the cheese for mastering either. I've got my eye on the Cakewalk home recording software for $100.

You won't necessarily need a new sound card as long as the one you have offers a line input as apposed to a Microphone input which would overload too easily and distort your sound.

Most sound cards have color coded inputs too to help you identify the connections. Green is a speaker or line out, Red is a Microphone input and Blue is generally a Line input.

All you need do is investigate your existing software and see if it offers a sound editor or wave recorder and from that, you can take the output of your Portastudio and capture the signal on your computer as a wave file and then burn CDs or convert to mp3.

There are also places like ZDnet Downloads where you can look for free music capturing/recording software if you don't have it currently on your computer.

Cheers! :)

Back