Mix Contest #9

Thanks Ed.
I do like the FX that ocnor and Perdicament have on the vocals, but I cant find anthing that is working for me.
I may try and get another one out tonight.
But my pc is running verry slow. May have to run some scans on it.

timboZ said:
Thanks Ed.
I do like the FX that ocnor and Perdicament have on the vocals, but I cant find anthing that is working for me.
I may try and get another one out tonight.
But my pc is running verry slow. May have to run some scans on it.
Did you use verb, or a delay? For me, it was just a bit too wet. Sounded like it was down a hall. Make it more direct, and it should be better.

Dogman said:
Did you use verb, or a delay? For me, it was just a bit too wet. Sounded like it was down a hall. Make it more direct, and it should be better.

2 different verbs.
I sent it to the verb on the drums and I also had a different verb send for the vocals.

NL5, I like the vocals on this one. Nice low end too.

vanbas2, Sounds good. What are you using for an FX on the vocals. Kind of sounds like someone kicking a spring reverb? I like it.

I checked then out on PC speakers. But this afternoon I am gonna try and fix my disaster on the vocals and add some delay and take off a lot of verb.

I mentioned this way back but not in this thread....

the BPM is 81 which works out to I think something like 375ms...that'll getcha in the ballpark for dealys and time based effects if ya wanna :) use em..

:D need another "judge"? i 've been checkin in to see what's the new sound and it's all over the place:) fuckin crazy mixes here! i'm not gonna say what i think is headin the "right " direction as far as my opinion goes but i've got one.... :D :D :D

turtlishous said:
:D need another "judge"? i 've been checkin in to see what's the new sound and it's all over the place:) fuckin crazy mixes here! i'm not gonna say what i think is headin the "right " direction as far as my opinion goes but i've got one.... :D :D :D

Your Hired! So now we have you and True.... we need a few more....

And then we need to set a date.....etc.... :cool:

timboZ : see the attachment gif
It happened accidentally but I thought it sounds interesting :D

Attachments

• Snap1.gif
    Snap1.gif
    62 KB · Views: 152
Is there a deadline (i looked but didn't see one) ? I'd like to give it a try but probably won't have much time until next week. I find these things incredibly fun even if im not all that skilled.

take care

gary

This is SO cool. This is the first time I've downloaded somebody else's tracks for mixing. Really great practice on a musical style I've never touched before.

Anybody have the RARs for mix contests 1 through 8? :rolleyes:

well i've been cheating..........went thru all the givin first mix's and have a fav already...........not gonna say who...........but a couple of them are gonna sound tits when they're finished!!!!

BTW----i really dig this tune predick.......ha ha i said dick:)

Tell us what you think of them so we know what needs to be worked on them. That's the Idea throw the mixes out and let people tell you what they think.

Here's my first mix. Vocals sound a bit bland, need some changes or something. In mp3 format the high mids on guitar sound a little bad, might turn those down a little too. Suggestions?

Back