Mistery Mic pre/EQ?

Mr Funk

Do those in the know think these units look decent? The gain stage is stepped and the 4 bands of EQ are fixed frequencies. Also has phase reverse, amp in/out and EQ in/out swithches.

Think they are Telefunken. Sorry for small pic.

Cheers

Attachments

• Mistery Amp EQ.jpg
    Mistery Amp EQ.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 61
unfortunately the front panel and knobs and switches are custom, so would not be of any help, that's why I thought a pic of the guts may be recognised by some Telefunken experts.

Thanks for looking though.

Oh. well. I don't know but the flip switches on the front look to be of the newer kind so the units can't be all that old.

:cool:

Oh. well. I don't know but the flip switches on the front look to be of the newer kind so the units can't be all that old.

:cool:
I'd guess the switches are new, and the cards were pulled from a desk... what mixer?? Still no clue...

if you've spied these for sale somewhere,,be careful my friend,,

i saw a pair of telefunken units sell a short while ago on ebay..

they had 'custom panels and knobs' and if memory serves,,,they were exactly the same as these two units......

i'd be brave and suspicious if they sold a recently, and the new owner wants rid of them already?!???

i was actually watchin with aim to buy,,,,but i picked up some ward beck pres instead!

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but those front panels don't look custom, they look like they're matched perfectly to the housing... these almost look pulled straight out of a desk with just the switches added to replace ones located somewhere else on the strip... I'm not real impressed that none of the EQ bands have frequency or bandwidth adjustment.

I'd be careful too... though they are all discrete components, and maybe some iron down in the corner there...

Back