Missing...everything but the girl...

TAE

All you have is now
Ok I guess when this came out I was in a Daddy bubble only listening to KROQ ...so it sounds like I may have heard it before some time somewhere but I never listened to it...I get e-mails from an old fart "substack" blogger name Tommy Tomlinson and he brought up this tune and how it's in his top 10 playlist. It is quite a cool jam...

A mate of mine that I used to play pool with on Wednesdays tried hard to turn me on to Everything but the Girl.
He failed.

He succeeded with Suzanne Vega, Erykah Badu, Angie Stone, Adrianna Evans, Curtis Mayfield, Laurnea, the Tony Rich Project, Sting's early solo albums, Chanté Moore, Anne Nesby, Sam Brown, D'Angelo, the Coors, Omar, Joan Armatrading....
But he failed with Everything but the Girl.
It wasn't for want of trying.
He failed with Sade too. 😅

The song stands on its own. Why is it that when MTV emerged almost everyone bought into the notion that music couldn't be sold without a video?

Reactions: TAE
A mate of mine that I used to play pool with on Wednesdays tried hard to turn me on to Everything but the Girl.
He failed.
And this is why there is more than one kind of tea....

Different strokes for different folks and so on and so on and scooby dooby doo We gotta live together.

It definitely hits the spot for me...

Back