Midi Controller Latency....

WesP1106

Hi everyone im new to all of this. i just purchased reason 3.0 and a korg kontrol midi controller. im having a latency issue does anyone else have this prob? is there a setting i can set so its not late? any help is aprreciated. also sorry about all the i need help post, im just very confused .
i should add im using A usb as of now, tho in the future i will be using a midi cable..
thanks,
wes

it has nothing to do with the controller, its a problem with the sound card. If its an onboard sound or creative audigy, you will have a big delay between when you press a key and when sound comes out.

The fix is to get a better soundcard (something made for music) or try something like ASIO4ALL, which is a high performance generic ASIO driver

one of my budddys had the same problem and he said he changes the buffer speed? sound familar i would have him help me out but he lives in las vegas lolol

If you're going to ignore advice you get here in favor of your 'budddys', why ask the question in the first place?

Google ASIO4all, download it and install it according to the directions.

Also, USB is nothing more than an alternative way to transmit midi into your copy of Reason. There's no such thing as 'regular midi' and 'USB midi'...

thank you very much Im sorry if it sounded like i wasnt takin your guys advice , i was tho . i was just curious what my buddy was talkin about thanks alot. your help is much appreciated.

thanks,

wes

if its a soundblaster or AC'97/onboard soundcard, then there will be no option to change the buffer. ASIO4ALL will allow you to change the buffer

thank you very much, sorry if i sound like a pure retard, im just so new to all of this. i appreciate all your help. hopefully, soon ill be able to help out a lil..

thanks,
wes

ok sorry about brining this thread back to life but i finally purchased a Dell Inspirion 1505 laptop with dual core processors 2gb of ram 120 gb and 2.00ghz. i also poicked up a Tascam US-144 soundcard and a M Audio 49 key Midi Controller. Would it be best to Plug into the Soundcrad from the midi using Midi Cable to Avoid a Latency problem? Or just plug USb into the Laptop?

Back