Microphones, Microphones, Microphones.

I'd love to make some comment about how all wives are expensive, but in reality, mine's been pretty much supporting my ass for a good long time now while I take care of my mother. Not only can I not complain, she's been a veritable saint about it. (So don't tell her I'm looking at buying more stuff I don't need! She's already suggested I take some guitars to a - shudder - pawn shop! Oh, the horror of the thought!)

Also, can you compare the V69 to the V67? I mean sound-wise, I know the difference.

The V67 is a little brighter, especially at the top end. I found the V69 a little muddy on my own voice, but I can see where it could impart a nice full warm tubey sound with the right voice or instruments.

Thanks. See, everybody always talks about how 'dark' the 67 is, but I thought it was downright bright to me. I want something a little fuller and warmer. OK, a lot fuller and warmer. Of course, I'm also interested in the 3035, and I know that's going in the opposite direction, but to me, that mic would almost be used as more of an 'effect'.

OK, not to turn this into a mic thread, but would either of you be able to compare the 69 to an SM7 in terms of warmth and fullness? Subjective terms to be sure, but I think you get my drift.

The SP B3 has a pad and filter, right? I think the first edition of them didn't.

I'm trying to narrow down my list, from what I've always wanted to what I might actually find the most useful hopefully at some point.

Useful - B3, V69 (B1 would be useful, but probably redundant with the B3 unless I get out and start multi-tracking which probably won't be anytime soon, like in my lifetime)

Wanted - 3035, but then again, I'm not quite sure for what.

The SP B3 has a pad and filter, right? I think the first edition of them didn't.

I recently bought the B3 for m/s recording. It has a multi-pattern switch and a pad/filter switch. Just one switch for pad and filter which means it's one of the other, but not both.

Back