Microaggression (A real swinger, kids!)

Ah okay, not the kick then. But there's something in the way it pumps that hits you in the head like a fuzzy mallet. How'd you do that?
You know... I'm not sure. Maybe the mix of the kick, fuzz guitar and crunchy bass synth (playing at roughly the same time) created what you're talking about. Is it something that needs to be addressed?

To tell you the truth, none of the ideas you just expressed found their way into my understanding of the tune when I listened to it. I just thought it was very clever the way the added layer of racial groups changed the meaning of the original lyrics. I didn't think it was denigrating. I thought it was either ironic or a lampoon. But know that if you keep it the way it is, there will always be morons who will jump on it and criticize it and you. The world is predictably moronic on a regular basis. Push the right buttons and it becomes immediately apparent. Good luck with the tune. I like it. I just wish it was marginally less in your face percussive. :)
Well... I feel as though I was worried for nothing and probably should have just kept the meaning ambiguos. I think too much. :facepalm:

Ambiguity probably works. People who catch the message can assume whatever meaning they want: whether that's to be mad at you for being racist|overly-PC or to pat you on the back for taking those thought-police|racists down a peg.

Your song grew on me very quickly, which is always fun. I really like the sounds and the distortion. I usually try to find something to critique about the mix here, but though it's not textbook I like what you did. It feels 2-dimensional in the beginning and adds depth in the second verse and even more in the send off. It's really cool and has a lot more going on than I noticed on first listen.

As far as the lyrics, I like the message I received and people will always infer what they want from your lyrics, I don't know why you would ever back off as long as you said what you meant and meant what you said.

"As far as the lyrics, I like the message I received and people will always infer what they want from your lyrics, I don't know why you would ever back off as long as you said what you meant and meant what you said."
Unless it's Ted Nugent going the rats at anything vaguely progressive, small l liberal or female.

Double post sorry.
It's a cool song Adam & the message I took suggested you have your head screwed on in a Devo way!

Back