Mick Doobie

Yep, still around. Hope you, yours, and the little one are all well and happy.

A favorite of mine.....

I saw them on that tour but had never come across this video. It's fucking amazing. Hope you enjoyed it.

We're all doing well over here.

Attachments

• IMG_20231120_110005_334.jpg
    IMG_20231120_110005_334.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Love
Reactions: TAE
Finally? Nah, it wouldn't be the first time. It's a mixed bag, could be good, could be not so good. Kind of like one of them boxes of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. Either way I guess it's altogether not a bad thing to know someone is thinking about you. Just stay off my lawn, thems the rules. :D

Finally? Nah, it wouldn't be the first time. It's a mixed bag, could be good, could be not so good. Kind of like one of them boxes of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. Either way I guess it's altogether not a bad thing to know someone is thinking about you. Just stay off my lawn, thems the rules. :D
Well I wish you luck with both your lawn and thread.

I saw them on that tour but had never come across this video. It's fucking amazing. Hope you enjoyed it.

We're all doing well over here.

Beautiful child. You're a fortunate man.

I watched it, good show. Excellent band. Maybe it's an East coast/West Coast thing, I never knew of them back in the day. Only discovered them later through a project band LEO, the guy did maybe(?) one album where he wrote and recorded songs in the style of ELO. The drummer(Andy?) sang the bridge. In a way the song is a tad difficult for me to listen to, kind of spells out a difficult period I was going through at the time. One of those times where your feet are kind of knocked out from under you, something was not as I had thought, a little piece of innocence lost. But it did help to get my feet back under me where they belong. The healing powers of music is a wonderful thing.

Well I wish you luck with both your lawn and thread.

Why, thank you, sir. Maybe characteristically applicable we can one and all just jump in and tell long rambling stories nobody gives a shat to read. Heh, I kid. I like reading long rambling stories. Got any? I'm here for you, brother.

Anybody remember a guy, notcardio I believe it was? I haven't seen him around in a while. notcardio, somebody is thinking about you, brother.

I haz a sad, my thread went kaput.

I wonder how the idea to stand while playing the kit panned out. I would think it is a bit taxing, and comes with limitations. He has a hat, but looks to favor the ride most often. Of course he isn't/wasn't the first, and being the frontman/lead singer it works for the overall visuals of a live performance. I don't know, at times it kind of bugs me when a sitting drummer is the lead singer, particularly if throughout the entire show. It seems less personal?

Yep, still around. Hope you, yours, and the little one are all well and happy.

A favorite of mine.....

I love that guitar solo. It's tasteful....musical(?). Perhaps a good example of serving the song rather than, ready, set, go for it lets see what you got. Really good song and performance.

Last edited:
Another good song and performance by Jellyfish. Definitely in parts some Brian Wilson-The Beach Boys influence. Some interesting lyrics..."how does it feel to be a chalk line dollar sign, the ghost at number one". I'm not sure who the song is referencing in particular, or if so. He does mention "Mrs Lynn". Jeff Lynn, ELO, but he's not dead, a "ghost". He is a producer, and I think the song was before The Beatles Anthology, which Lynn worked on, so the timeline doesn't work for being John Lennon? Profile fits, timeline maybe doesn't. Anyway, a good one, The Ghost at Number One.

I haz a sad, my thread went kaput.

I wonder how the idea to stand while playing the kit panned out. I would think it is a bit taxing, and comes with limitations. He has a hat, but looks to favor the ride most often. Of course he isn't/wasn't the first, and being the frontman/lead singer it works for the overall visuals of a live performance. I don't know, at times it kind of bugs me when a sitting drummer is the lead singer, particularly if throughout the entire show. It seems less personal?

I love that guitar solo. It's tasteful....musical(?). Perhaps a good example of serving the song rather than, ready, set, go for it lets see what you got. Really good song and performance.
Hmmmm, don’t want no kaput threads, now do we? Maybe I can help a wee bit. At least bump it back up.

Thoughts......

Drummer lead vocalists.

Not really a fan. Seeing how the vocal is often the centerpiece of a song, on a stage the lead vocalist is the centerpiece of the band. They even have a term for it. The front man.
A drummer usually being behind the other players and instruments is hardly what I’d consider to be a ‘front man’.

That band in the video (already forgotten their name) .....Eh, not my cup of tea. But I do admit it’s a good melodic solo.

:D

I agree on the sit down drummer as the lead vocalist/frontman,...although a performance on video changes that, some.

Shew, finally some participation. I was beginning to question even starting this thread.

Can somebody remind me what the hell this thread is about. Anyone? I mean if it was about a band called Jellyfish you would think this would be a thread called Jellyfish, but it's not. Jellyfish, a pretty damn good pop band who never really made it huge on account of they broke up after only two albums 'cause some thought one guy was kind of a difficult asshole who couldn't seem to get along with any...with anyone.

Aaaah. Now it's sort of all making sense. Sort of.

:D

Quite possibly this thread is about what anyone makes it out to be.

I knew a kid who got stung by a jellyfish. I doubt he would be a fan of the band.

So, are there good jellyfish.....or bad jellyfish?

That’s the question.

Beautiful child. You're a fortunate man.

I watched it, good show. Excellent band. Maybe it's an East coast/West Coast thing, I never knew of them back in the day. Only discovered them later through a project band LEO, the guy did maybe(?) one album where he wrote and recorded songs in the style of ELO. The drummer(Andy?) sang the bridge. In a way the song is a tad difficult for me to listen to, kind of spells out a difficult period I was going through at the time. One of those times where your feet are kind of knocked out from under you, something was not as I had thought, a little piece of innocence lost. But it did help to get my feet back under me where they belong. The healing powers of music is a wonderful thing.

Thank you thank you thank.

Jellyfish signed with Charisma Records at the same time we signed with Hollywood Records. Charisma went after us pretty hard but we went with where the money was. But we ended becoming good friends with the person responsibly for their deal over there. Grunge hit when our record and their records came out. It was bad timing for both of us. But their records were way better.

The baby is asleep but I'll listen ti this clip tomorrow. Thanks.

Back