Micing An Arse.....

memriloc

Inspired by a cd someone lent me (not actually gonna try it....Hmmmm....Although)....

Now OBVIOUSELY you'd want to use a pop filter, but what mic and what techneche yould you use to record farts....

My initial thoughts were pretty close mic for abit more proximity effect and I'd say LDC in Hyper Cardioid.....Thoughts....

LMAO......Hey, it's not like it hasn't been done before, and I bet ya alot of HR forumites have done it but won't admit it....

Fart Recording

Out of sheer boredom I once recorded one of my brother's farts. I used an SM-58. A dynamic would always be my first choice as there's not much need for top end clarity.

memriloc said:
Kid, now you're a guy with recording convictions...A whole day yeah?....

Sure.... 15 minutes to record the "event", and the other 23 hours and 45 minutes to clean and disinfect the mic before returning it for your deposit! ;)

memriloc said:
Now OBVIOUSELY you'd want to use a pop filter, but what mic and what techneche yould you use to record farts....

I would try this technique....(never tried it, heard about it)

1)bend down almost till you can touch the floor
2)now grab your ankles
3)spread your legs as far as they can go
4)have a friend insert your mic up your arse as far as it will go

use of a pop filter is optional.....

P.s. this post is obviously not for real, but what do you expect when you post crap (literally) like this??

Man... you guys are all way off track...

Get yourselves one of them new fangled Flatulence Modelers... its much easier... then you don't have to worry about whether the room is tuned and treated correctly.

Plus... The air ionizers required to "cleanse" the studio afterwards don't make for good "recording vibe".

I know some of your purests will gawk at this... but I've found that dropping an Antares into the insert will help make sure your flatulence is in tune....

Also, set that compressor attack very very fast... you'd hate to have to explain how your tweeters were blown out by the transients of someone fluffin' muffin's.

Velvet Elvis

Make certain that the recording (f)artist doesnt have a
turtle poking its head out,otherwise the whole project
will sound like shit!

Re: Re: Micing An Arse.....

captainkey said:
I would try this technique....(never tried it, heard about it)

1)bend down almost till you can touch the floor
2)now grab your ankles
3)spread your legs as far as they can go
4)have a friend insert your mic up your arse as far as it will go

use of a pop filter is optional.....

P.s. this post is obviously not for real, but what do you expect when you post crap (literally) like this??

i think you mean a POOP filter

Back