metronome in sonar 4 PE is getting recorded as well

thecugga

Hi,
i just started using sonar 4 producer edition and when i try to use the metronome for a click track sonar records the metronome clicks as well. i am using shitty realtek integrated audio, which i am thinking is the problem.
i am getting the m-audio delta 44 interface soon. will this solve my problems with the metronome? or is this just how the metronome is meant to work in this program???
i am recording thru a mixer hooked into the line in of the card right now. also, if im playing a song on my computer, even if the speakers arent hooked up and you cant hear anything, it'll still record the sound. is this just because of the integrated audio card? and eveything going thru the card is recorded? meaning that when i upgrade to the delta 44 that my problems with the metrnome will be solved as well???

i can get a decent deal on a digital metronome from the person selling me the card, so i am trying to figure out whether its necessary to purchase a digital metronome or if the one in sonar will do the trick??

please help

thanks

I have an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 and use Sonar 4 Studio edition. I have no such problems with the audio metronome - I love it! It sounds like you probably have your integrated audio card set to record in something equivalent to a "What U Hear" mode. Anyway, you should be golden with the Delta - no need to buy a separate metronome as Sonar's should work just fine.

:)
-Jeff

are you sure that the metronome is'nt setup to play during recording and playback? just in case, on the metronome toolbar go to metronome settings (2 icons to the right of the speaker icon) and make sure playback is'nt checked.

if the metronome toolbar is'nt in view, go to view, toolbars, check metronome, then repeat the above steps.

if that's not the case, is the metronome sound being leaked into a mic?

just some suggestions. I would'nt think that this would be a problem with your sound card.

Go to the Cool Edit Pro forum and read the sticky called "when track one records onto track two", and make sure that you are only selecting the input source that you are actually using, (windows mixer, options, recording), as your recording source.

If that isn't the problem, then you must be creating a recording "loop" with the way you have things routed to/from your external mixer.

:)

Back