Metal Enough?

What a great drum sound you've got on this one, BB!
What programme do you use? Drums are my biggest problem with each song :(. Guitars sound pretty cool. I'd record 4 tracks and pan them 2 L and 2 R. But I'd chose a different amp sound for each track to get that wall of sound thing...Song idea sounds really good, I'd like to hear this finished.

Joe :):):):)

Yep you'll get a better sound micing your amp. If noise is a problem, keep your amp relatively low, and wind up the gain on the mic preamp, keep it in its comfort zone. Very nice riffs here, I like what you're doing with it

What a great drum sound you've got on this one, BB!
What programme do you use? Drums are my biggest problem with each song :(. Guitars sound pretty cool. I'd record 4 tracks and pan them 2 L and 2 R. But I'd chose a different amp sound for each track to get that wall of sound thing...Song idea sounds really good, I'd like to hear this finished.

Joe :):):):)

Joe, thanks for listening. :) Sorry was busy for a few days and this just slipped onto second page.

For drums I use FLstudio for sequencing and Addictive Drums on this track for the actual sounds and drums kits. But the demo only allows 4 drums sounds, so I had to use toms from a free soundfont I had downloaded long time ago.

I guess playing the lead sort of takes it in a different direction vs. actually singing the parts. But hopefully, it will sound good.

I will also try the 4 guitar things. I used to but they would end up sounding the same in the end so I'd just give up. :) But will try that again.

Yep you'll get a better sound micing your amp. If noise is a problem, keep your amp relatively low, and wind up the gain on the mic preamp, keep it in its comfort zone. Very nice riffs here, I like what you're doing with it

Bulls, thanks for listening and commenting. :) Glad you like it. I don't have a preamp. But I will try to mic the amp for sure. And hopefully a mix of sounds will help.

Back