Mastering to Analog

Beautiful! Thank you so much, I just got the Technics reel to reel (she's a beaut) and that was the one thing I was waiting on before i can start!

Thanks so much
-Barrett

Not sure if anyone remembers this thread! But I finally got the machine up and running and I did the A/B comparison! I'll post it as soon as I can

Hang in there!
-Barrett

I would try backing off on the compression on the mix - especially the drums, then hitting the tape again. Watch your tape levels - they sound a little too hot.

Have you cleaned the tape heads? There's a lot more high frequency loss than I think there should be.

Haha Yeah I kind of have a big compression issue, but I'll give it a try and yeah I did clean the heads with a Q-tip and some rubbing alcohol when I got the machine is that enough?

Thanks for all the help, I'll re-post the less compressed tape version as soon as I can.

-Barrett

You MUST demagnetize the heads as well. I will let Cory and others speak up as to currently available demags wnds; apparently there are some cheapos out there that don't do a good job.

AK

You MUST demagnetize the heads as well. I will let Cory and others speak up as to currently available demags wnds; apparently there are some cheapos out there that don't do a good job.

AK

Are you saying this as a general rule of thumbs or can you tell that my heads need to be demagnatized?

Thanks for the reply!
-Barrett

Back