Mastering/editing software

jhira001

so i have sonar 3.1 and i've mixed a song that has a few peaks mid song. is there any software that i can use to just pull down that peak. then i could normalize the song and raise the level of the entire mix.

so i realize that i could just run the mix through a compressor but is there some audio editing software that would let me do a more precise edit? let me know. thanks.

jhira001 said:
so i have sonar 3.1 and i've mixed a song that has a few peaks mid song. is there any software that i can use to just pull down that peak. then i could normalize the song and raise the level of the entire mix.

so i realize that i could just run the mix through a compressor but is there some audio editing software that would let me do a more precise edit? let me know. thanks.

This is one of the main reasons for using a limiter. The Waves L2 takes care of both peak reduction and "normalizing" at on time.

Sonar3 comes with the Sonitus plugins, there are compressors and limiters - do you see them ?

Might as well roll your sleeves up and get into the wonderful world of DAW dynamics processors. You seem to know about compressors already though...if you are saying there are 1 or 2 or 3 fast transient spikes then you can surely edit those manually but that indicates a different problem I think - could be some kind of noise. I use Cool Edit Pro to do that kind of stuff - Sound Forge would do a fine job too. I don't know how to do it in Sonar3 but the guys over here at the Sonar forum probably do.

Back