Manslick : Here's to beers

Maybe the third or fourth tune I did after the acquisition of the Tascam 2488 cir 2005
I remember recording the riff with my Martin. It was as one off.
In those days I was learning how to work the machine,
wurds

here's to barley
here's to hops
here's to pretty girls
sans top

drink up my friend
tonight it nears end
don't go another round
she might not have it in her
don't want to break anything
might need surgery
think of the hops
then think of her hips
and say to yourself

hip hop surgery
is no emergency
unless you really need the lift

here's to beers my friend
lets drink up and drink again
keep your ass off of the Harley
the barley barley the fucking barley
n say to yourself

hip hop surgery
is no emergency

a here's to beers my bloody brothers
thru the mudders and the rudders
canned or bottled
you or me
we gota stitch back yeah
ahh
we gota stitch back
ahh yea
aww and say to yourself

hip hop surgery
is no emergency

Attachments

• 4-Heres to Beers.mp3
    11.8 MB
Last edited:
I started recording when my mate lent me his 4 track Portastudio back in the day. Those 2488s were the height of home recording tech back then.
Good old jam. The vocals actually remind me of Tom Petty

yeah cool jam, get the Tom Petty vibe on chorus as well. A little T.Rex vibe on the groove as well....really like it !

hey stratmonkee,
thanks for checking out this tune.
I do appreciate the comments.
It's so hard to know things unless someone come back with a comment.
Any comment.
Right?

Good tune and great arrangement. Would like to hear the guitar a little more in lock step with the drums, but considering it's an older recording it holds up well.

I'd put a tiny bit of reverb on the vocal so it sits in the mix better. It's sitting above it now.

Good tune and great arrangement. Would like to hear the guitar a little more in lock step with the drums, but considering it's an older recording it holds up well.
Hi grn.
the individual tracks for this are long lost to me for formatting the old hard drive on the 2488.
I do remember using a Korg AX1000G for the compression it has.
I'm happy to hear it holds up well.

I'd put a tiny bit of reverb on the vocal so it sits in the mix better. It's sitting above it now.
Hey Nola, if my memory serves me, I used a delay on the vocals that was a multiple of the BPM.
I never heard anyone say the vocal is above the mix. I find this remark very interesting as usually when I listen to this the words seem hard to hear.

I just mean that reverb helps it sit in the mix rather than the vocal sitting above it. That's how it sounds to me. Maybe I'm wrong, though, but that's how I hear it!

Vocal could come out more in the verse sounding parts in the first half of the song. A lift in 5khz or something. But that could be my end. Song sounds well mixed to me otherwise. Cheers (y)

Back