Mama Kin - too much time.

eyeteeth

It started with two purposes... 1) Test some of the mics and gear I've acquired through this site, and 2) I had to learn the harmonies for a ban I was playing with.

Next thing I know... I pretty much have the whole tune... so I decided to finish tracking and run a a mix.

I'm playing, singing everything as well as the engineering. I'm a bass player... and regardless of this... that's all I ever claim to be. lol.

I was trying for the raw/vintage type sound...

Let me know. It's on my myspace page. www.myspace.com/eyeteethmusic
Thanks.

Myspace's converters aren't for shit, but this didn't sound too bad at all.

I won't comment on the vocals, because I can't sing for shit, but I really liked the vintage sounds of the guitars.

Nice job.

my fave tune off the 1st Aerosmith album ... since I first heard that album in 1976.
Vocalist has a nice voice for Aerosmith. Harmonies are good.
I found the guitar playing a bit stiff for this song.

For the guitar, are you referring to the solos, (which stink) the rhythm tracks, or both.
Mostly rhythm guitar ... stiff, which loses that raw aero-riffing feel.
Loosen up a bit ... actually Joe Perry tends to be a bit sloppy at times.
I'm listening to your version again, and it's the pauses between the chords ... there's too long a gap.
check out http://www.amazon.com/Mama-Kin-Album-Version/dp/B00136JO84 for a brief sample of the open riff

Keep on ROCKIN !!!

That's the bassist in me... I spent years in several rock and metal groups where precision was paramount.

Also, the track came about somewhat by accident... I "reverse engineered" the guitar parts from what I play on bass and what I think I'm hearing my guitar player play. Apart from originally figuring out a bass line for it, I never really listened to the original that much before doing this.

It's an interesting assessment though, especially since when I tracked it I took notice to keep it clean and defined. :D I was testing an ACM3 ribbon mic from a group buy.

Again, thanks. Don't know if I want to compare it to the original artist or not. lol

Back