Making first home studio

Hello guys.

Wanted to post here because i have more questions about home studio , and i would appreciate any help that i can get.

I spent allot of time learning how to record, mix and master my own project in Studio One 2 ad let me tell you it's a hard job.
I learned all the basic stuff to get me going but there are still lot of thing i dont know like:

1. Are my headphones HD7 that came with PreSonus Audiobox Studio Complete good for mixing and listening all the EQ changes and other sophisticated changes i make on my track or should i buy a new pair that will allow me to have a better picture( I dont have studio monitors, just a hi-fi device to listen and compare with audio image from my headphones) ?

If you think no. Can you suggest me a pair of headphones that can do a solid job but are not expencive. Something like :

- Shure SRH940 or

- Sennheiser HD 380 PRO

2. Is there a right way to send mic signal and finnished mix signal into headphones when recording. ( my wife who is singing tell me that she dont get decent mic volume when recording her voice. If i turn up input signal from PreSonus Audiobox Studio Complete i get too loud signal when recording and if i turn up signal from Studio one channel she gets delay. I dont know is that the case with low budget equipment or what. Any suggestions?

I think that 6.8 ms in Studio One readings means a delay. Is it not?
Is there a right Asio buffer size settings ?
Mine can go from 64 to 2048 and is Currently set to 1024.

Thx for all the help i can get.

You can get a $3-$4 usb audio cable and use the output from your mixer's earphone plug. Your computer should see it as usb audio in. Has worked great for me!

Back