Making a CD

mojack

Iwant to make a cd of my piano playing.I have a DGX620 hooked up to a fairly old Soundblaster card. I have recorded it in midi and converted it to a wave file,but when I play back although in the traks window i have selected acoustic piano it sounds very tinny.Is this because it is the soundcard voice and how can i get a more acoustic grand sound? I would also at a later stage ask more questions aboutsetting up more easily.i am using Pro Audio 9 Thanks mojack S Africa

'I have recorded it in midi and converted it to a wave..
How were you hearing the keyboard sound before (as a midi generated sound(?) ..and presuming you liked it then here)
In other words at what point was the sound card involved in playing the sound? You may have record the keyboard's analog out into Cake' which is an analog to digital conversion, then there is playback of the track, the second pass through the card digi to analog again.
'Recorded as midi' could mean cake triggered the sounds in the keyboard.

..Probably should ask too, are you pretty sure you're not doing anything in Cake causing it to sound different?

I assume you use SB card's preloaded 2mb soundfont as the sound generator. Actually, you can load better soundfont with cakey to achieve better sound.

If you record the keyboard to midi, your soundcard is probably using the Windows midi sounds when you generate the wave file.
Your keyboard has better sounds so record the headphone out to your soundcard and you'll get the sound your keyboard is producing.
You cannot however modify the notes in midi if you record the sound to a wav file.

Back