make your eyes bleed METAL!!!!

Like the sounds, mix, playing, 13/8 [?]...all that stuff. The vocal is a tragedy. Don't get the appeal. MHO. Old guy disease.

Last edited:
Great job. Mix is great, playing is great, clean vocals are excellent. The screams are good, but I'm not liking the mix of highs and lows. Personally, I would pick one or the other, having them both is overdoing it.

thanks Jeff......I havnt thought about it....the timing that is.....im not quite sure what it is.....mostly 3/4 maybe??? but it changes a few times....

anyone know what the timing of this thing would be????

Great job. Mix is great, playing is great, clean vocals are excellent. The screams are good, but I'm not liking the mix of highs and lows. Personally, I would pick one or the other, having them both is overdoing it.

pick between highs and lows??? thats the point of having highs and lows....they dont fight so you dont have to pick between them....you only have to pick between highs and highs or lows and lows....or which highs and which lows...

what are you listening on by the way???

anyway....these guys play a lot in your area man....I think they are in Charlotte next weekend...at Amos's...

You guys are seriously tight.
I think the mix sounds great. Not a big fan of this vocal style. Your drummer is an animal. Very good.

Your drummer is an animal.

thanks man....im not in the band though...just their engineer....

but yea...about the drummer....try telling him that....He is by far the best drummer I have EVER worked with but he is as modest as they come...which is a very, very good thing.......I hire him for as many projects as I can when a drummer is needed..

Musically it does get to the eye sockets.
I'm too old to take the scream vox seriously though, the sung stuff is fine though.
Then again I can't comprehend the bass drum thing either - except as a test of stamina for the poor fellow! Pretty good bass definition.
I think God Damn You would be almost a prerequisite for this & many genres. The phrase is over used and misunderstood in terms of its intent and the real power it seeks to invoke but in this song's context I think it is meant to be powerful & destructive.
Well done!

The mix is okay. The vocal styling sucks but you captureed and mixed it well. The guitars sound kind of generic and cliche. That's probably not your fault as the engineer. The bass gtr sounds very nice. More kick definition/volume would be good. That fucker is getting down on the double-bass, and you can barely hear it. Get more kick drum in there without muddying up the low end, which is already dangerously close to being a disaster. In fact, more drums in general. Those tom fills and bass drums should be caving my head in. My eyes are not bleeding at all. I didn't even blink. :p

well..the singer came over yesterday and recorded the vocals for 5 songs and we mixed and mastered those in about 7 hours and my ears just couldnt take anymore, so I expected to have to do a little remixing after a few days, but....based on a few of the comments....I remixed it this morning....

here is the new version: Synesthesia remix

The first link is still good to compare...

Much better on the kick and toms. That's how I'd expect it to sound. but what's up with that snare? Sounds trashy. Too much bottom mic maybe? ;)

After giving my ears a rest and compareing the 2...the second one is no doubt better....and as far as the snare...nope...no bottom mic....plus I had to use Drumagog because they recorded all the tracks and brought them to me....the drums sounded pretty bad...the only thing that is not drumagog is the OH's ofcourse and the kick because they sent me a triggered kik track anyway....but I have about 20 snares to choose from...Ill have to go through them and see what else I have....

Very tight performance by the band, and a good mix by the engineer. But those vocals... it almost sounds like the singer is trying to sound funny.

Great performance, great mix. I like it all around--and I don't usually like Cookie Monster stuff. I like the contrasting vocal approaches. Very cool stuff...

wow this is freakin amazing! im not a big fan of this type of screaming (i pefer corey taylor's kinda of screaming) , but its just really sweet.

didnt expect to see this still here...here is the final version that will be on the CD...
think Ill compare for myself...

pick between highs and lows??? thats the point of having highs and lows....they dont fight so you dont have to pick between them....you only have to pick between highs and highs or lows and lows....or which highs and which lows...

what are you listening on by the way???

anyway....these guys play a lot in your area man....I think they are in Charlotte next weekend...at Amos's...

Yeah, I've heard of them. They play Tremont and Amos' a good bit. I tend to stay away from the local music scene because it's just too much of the same hardcore crap. The only truly talented metal band that's come out of the Charlotte area since BTBAM is Wretched. Now THAT is a drummer.

I'm very into all types of metal, and like both lows and highs, so don't think I'm just spouting these things off 'cause I don't like the music. When I say I don't like the mix of the two, I mean I just don't think they both fit the music, at least not together. They're too different. Too each his own, so I'm not going to bash anyone's taste, but that's just my opinion.

Edit: Upon listening to the final version, it's his lows I don't like. The highs and cleans are really good, but it would sound empty without lows, so I guess you kinda have to deal. He just sounds like Nathan Explosion from Dethklok when he does lows. It's kind of laughable, honestly.

Back