Make fun of me...

myhatbroke

Cocktacular Member
all you want. Call me a homo or a dumbass. Whatever, that's cool. But don't ever call me racist. I'm not racist at all. Do black people get on my nerves? Yes they do, just like white people and any other race.My best friend is black and I certainly don't hate em. So why call me a racist? Who ever called me a racist, fuck you. I'm in here cus he supposedly neg repped me on behalf of the Rap forum.

Soooo that now I'm in this place how 'bout I discuss on another issue? Rap is the most over rated genre. I'm saying this as my own opinion. But it really is over rated. They come up with a catchy beat on Fruity Loops and literally spit on the mic for 5 minutes talking about the lamest shit. Not only is the music repitative as hell and boring but it represents nothing of Artistic inspirations or creativity. I don't give a shit how many hoes they have or how many hundred dollar bills are in their pockets. Nope, that ain't cool to me. That just shows how shallow and materialistic the "rap" and "hip hop" artists are. I could ramble on and on but that won't change anyones opinion but I would love for ya'll to change MY opinion about this music.

if this thread is distasteful(orhoweveryouspellthat)to you then you need to go to this cuz it will make you feel better :D

or just go and ckick on my SOUNDCLICK in my sig.

the tune your looking for is myhatbroke public announcment!!!!!!!

enjoy :D

myhatbroke said:
all you want. Call me a homo or a dumbass. Whatever, that's cool. But don't ever call me racist. I'm not racist at all. Do black people get on my nerves? Yes they do, just like white people and any other race.My best friend is black and I certainly don't hate em. So why call me a racist? Who ever called me a racist, fuck you. I'm in here cus he supposedly neg repped me on behalf of the Rap forum.

Soooo that now I'm in this place how 'bout I discuss on another issue? Rap is the most over rated genre. I'm saying this as my own opinion. But it really is over rated. They come up with a catchy beat on Fruity Loops and literally spit on the mic for 5 minutes talking about the lamest shit. Not only is the music repitative as hell and boring but it represents nothing of Artistic inspirations or creativity. I don't give a shit how many hoes they have or how many hundred dollar bills are in their pockets. Nope, that ain't cool to me. That just shows how shallow and materialistic the "rap" and "hip hop" artists are. I could ramble on and on but that won't change anyones opinion but I would love for ya'll to change MY opinion about this music.
I strongly consider that you listen to some REAL hip hop like Talib Kweli, A Tribe Called Quest, Mos Def, Common, Lupe Fiasco, The Roots, and countless others.

I suggest you listen to the artists on Okayplayer.com

-The Deen

I agree with Jibran alot. Don't rely on the radio to show you what rap/hip hop is. They don't play the good stuff on the radio. See, the music industry execs realize that all they need is a catchy beat with a catchy hook to reel in all these teenagers out here. This new music is directed at teenagers who are having fun and like party music. If you want lyrics that mean something, listen to some NAS. He is very deep and you have to have some metaphorical intelligence to understand what he's saying. I love artists like that. But i do totally agree with the first poster that songs like "Chicken noodle soup with a soda on the side" are dumn songs with dumn beats and dumn lyrics and have no musical creativity.

Also just to let you know, i'm not biased to rap at all. I like all kinds of music and i have an open minds for all types of music. As long as it's good music, i'm all for it and i'm tellin you there is hardly any good rap music on the radio. Alot of underground artists are miles above this commercial crap.

yo - listen to some of my music, some of Change's music, and really just check both of our friend lists on our myspace sites. (not denouncing other artists on here)... but we all have very UNcommon lyrics to the industry. there are a few mainstream artists that have been mentioned, but you are obviously as misinformed as the countless others who think what is on the radio is all that hiphop has to offer. my advice to you is to spread your wings and open your ears. sorry to hear you've been neg repped "on behalf of the rap forum". i certainly didnt vote on that.

Tone is right [again] - how could I forget Nas?

He's been constantly evolving as an artist, beginning as the young street poet on his albums Illmatic [widely considered to be the best rap album] and It Was Written. A few years later, he tasted pop success with his album I Am... and its follow-up Nastradamus.

A couple years later, he went back into his street poet persona, albeit with more maturity on his album Stillmatic, with the death of his mother during the making of his follow-up, God's Son, Nas matured further and became a teacher-like figure, something he continued with his most recent album Street's Disciple and his soon-to-come [December 19] eighth studio album, Hip Hop is Dead... The 'N

His self-journey alone makes him worth a listen.

myhatbroke said:

Someone needs to neg rep you on account of being a moron.

"My best friend is black!" Wow, want a cookie? :rolleyes:

I don't care if you're racist or not, you're certainly ignorant enough to paint a whole genre of music (one which you know nothing about) with a broad stroke. That's ignorance at it's finest.

u should never judge a style of music by the "commercial" arm of that genre . . .

look at rock music . . . there is "radio" rock groups n NON-commercial rock groups - n in the field of rock music - rock artists/fans cants stand how commercial rock gets the "credit" and fame . . .

JUST ALWAYS KNOW - there are 2 faces to EVERY music genre - INVESTIGATE BOTH BEFORE YOU PASS JUDGEMENT. IF U HONESTLY FEEL THERE IS NOTHING OF VALUE ON EITHER SIDE - HONESTLY, ITS YOUR LOST - NOT THE GENRE'S . . .

I know little to nothing about rap but mostly 'cause I earn a living as a musician and rap isn't one of my money streams. If I had a paying gig next week that wanted me to do that ..... I'd be rappin' yo.

However, I have to agree with the guys here ...... the good music of any genre is never what's on the radio. Just look at Hendrix as an easy example from back in the day. Only songs of his that got much airplay were 'PurpleHaze' and 'All Along the Watchtower' and neither of those could be considered as representative of his best work.
If you research it and still don't like rap ..... well then it's just a type of music you don't like and that's cool. Not everyone likes everything.
But don't base it on a generalization that's based on the lame radio stations.

Well I've never really looked deeper than what's on the radio. So the lyrics might have more meaning in the underground world but the musical talent requiered is still the same don't you think?

I'm going to check out yall's stuff though.

myhatbroke said:
Well I've never really looked deeper than what's on the radio. So the lyrics might have more meaning in the underground world but the musical talent requiered is still the same don't you think?

I'm going to check out yall's stuff though.
Not really.

The way rap is done nowadays in the mainstream lacks any musicality whatsoever for the most part. Record execs just care that the music is something to dance to.

If you dig deeper, you'll find amazing stuff by Jay Dee [R.I.P.] and the like.

Funny - a lady wrote to the editor of the local newspaper round my way today with the same complaints . . . .

i will tell u this - if anyting is truly "bad" about hip hop and rap . . . its the wack ass industry and radio station politics that goes on . . . the greatest em cees get little play and the only ting being promoted on a wide scale is gangsta-rap - now i love gangsta rap as a part of rap - but not as the only - . . . i am sick of the bullshit - but . . . i now climb back down from my soapbox - as i realize . . i havent listened to the radio stations round here in like. . . 3 months . . . whew!!! thank goodness for that!

BillyBo said:
yo - listen to some of my music, some of Change's music, and really just check both of our friend lists on our myspace sites. (not denouncing other artists on here)... but we all have very UNcommon lyrics to the industry. there are a few mainstream artists that have been mentioned, but you are obviously as misinformed as the countless others who think what is on the radio is all that hiphop has to offer. my advice to you is to spread your wings and open your ears. sorry to hear you've been neg repped "on behalf of the rap forum". i certainly didnt vote on that.
Billy Bo I listened to your songs. They sound pretty proffesional and well done. Not it is wrong but in my opinion, each song becomes repitative after a minute or two. Ofcourse, you can't really have a complicated song structure when you are trying to rap. You need a steady beat but that "steadiness" is what gets to me. I like the song to go all over the place. There is some rap that incorporate rock in it and it sounds pretty cool. So what do you think about what I said?

I understand what you're saying. That repetitiveness stems from the early days when breakdancing, DJing, and rapping were one unified entity [the dancers needed a steady beat.]

I suggest you give a listen to The Roots and Jay Dee aka J. Dilla [RIP], neither of them really do that so much.

all music is repetitive in some fashion or another..like it or not.. complicated song structure doenst sell in rap..maybe in other genre but not rap...it has been done..but whats the point...

the real reason why people hate rap is cause, you can take anyone with a good voice and rhyme skills and make them a star...while the workin musician is goiin unnoticed and have to find his on way(and its a slower process for a musician) to make it big..even with a fan base...

so people complain about how they been doin this for years..and here is some 16 yr old kid..gettin signed for millions and he doesnt know how to play any instrument or know music..

Hip Hop/Rap/Urban Music is here to stay..you dont have to like or listen to it..its billions that do and loves it now matter how repetitive, lame, slow, stupid it is..

it makes more money then any genre for record label then any genre...you do the math..

you love what you do, we love what we do..just respect each other and stop that damn hate..

music of all kinds is univerisal...

done

wow .....this is totally not what i expected to happen ever in a life time........but..........i agree on one point that my hat broke made......

i've been surfin around the hip hop/rap page looking for something to stand out.......nothing hit me yet. it all kinda just had that clap beat, 4/4, samplitude drone for about 3 and a1/2 minutes then the song was over....i'm not here to name names on who i was listening to, but i do find it depressing to hear such inspired lyrics go to waiste on makeshift beats.

so instead of leaving an oppinion and running.....i'm gonna drop a idea i had too.

what if someone were to make a standard song structure with samples....i.e.verse/corus, verse/corus, bridge/corus. using different samples for verse, corus, and bridge, and also incorperating a varied time signiture for v/c/b? i'm sure its been done befor as nothing is new in the feild of music(rock and rap alike)

i would also like to add that if anyone is intrested in collabing on a project in this manner(even as an experiment) i would gladdly donate some original guitar and bass lines for samples.

Back