Mackie Onyx and windows 7?

nocarsgo

So I just spent a bunch of money (for me anyway) to get an onyx 1640 with firewire card, two firewire cables (9 pin to 6 pin), and a Texas Instruments chipset express card for the firewire... And the driver for the 1640 won't load, it keeps saying "please plug in your mackie/tapco audio interface to resume installation" but everything is connected already and on. I hit okay and nothing happens. I'm just completely lost, and I'd like to try to fix it before I make the huge hassle of selling all of this equipment I just bought. I'm using windows 7, and running the installation as an administrator. Any ideas? Thanks, it would mean a lot to get some replies.
-nocarsgo

Thanks man, I tried that, and my computer shows the firewire mixer under the devices menu, but I can't do anything with it. It doesn't show up in adobe audition, and there isn't a way to update drivers or anything. Basically it shows that its connected, but its like it doesn't know what it is, or what to do with it. But thanks, switching to the legacy one made it visible, its just I don't know what to do from here. Any ideas?
-nocarsgo

I would uninstall everything related to the mixer but not including your DAW software. Download and run a temp file purge and registry cleaning with the freeware program CCleaner, then reboot your computer. Download the newest Onyx driver from here:

http://www.mackie.com/products/onyxfirewire/onyxfw_update.html

and install off of that. Could be that the mixer needs to be installed with the legacy 1394 settings from the beginning. It's what I would try, give it a shot.

Onyx has not delivered decent drivers since they introduced the Piece of S!@+ Onyx series way back in 2005-2006. Gave up with my 1220+Firewire Card and sold the damn thing in 2008. Couldn't be happier now that I got get rid of it.

Its almost criminal how Mackie neglected that product line and its users.

I know it's an old thread, but to anyone who still has trouble with any of the onyx products: It should work with Legacy firewire driver and a V1.7 Mackie Universal Driver

Back