M-3700 no audio in or out

stoneman0118

My Tascam M-3700 has seem die on me when i nned it most.Everything seem to light up but got no audio thru the channels.Was wondering if any one has the service manuel in pdf format that you could share with me so i can get this up and running again.

Hi Alan.Well I recorded with it last Sunday and everything went fine.On Friday was in the studio to start transfering Sunday session from tape to the computer and no audio everything lights up eq all the mutes and solo buttos even the automation led's light up but not the meters can't even get te test tone to go thru the board.All the fuses in power supply are good.I have tried every channel with mic and line in and nothing(checked mic and cables on my m2600 to make sure they were working)Im stumped for now.

Bruce

Then you should be able to verify if you have all the voltages.The audio voltages are +/-15 volts.You also need to verify the voltages at the end of the cable where it plugs into the mixer-maybe a power cable problem between the power supply and the mixer.

Update on my mixer sent to repair shop found that the Power Supply had lots of major issues including few cold solder joints that were arcing and burned the circuit board and fried a few transistors :total cost of repair $275.00. I can live with it

Back