Lyrics/Vocals to be added. Whatcha think so far?

SOUND DIAGNOSIS

Synth-based with a rrrrreal harmonica! :eek: Going to add lyrics and vocals onto this piece and hopefully turn it into something. Spent 5 straight hours on this till 4:30 early Sat. morning. Still in recovery mode. :D Thanks for listening! ---Lee

"Cool"

Sounds like utter crap. I'll give you points for coming out of the closet and admitting homosexuality in the song though. That must have taken balls. You can't have my balls though. Cloneboy tore em off when I posted my Mp3 last month.

AdrianFly said:
Sounds like utter crap. I'll give you points for coming out of the closet and admitting homosexuality in the song though. That must have taken balls. You can't have my balls though. Cloneboy tore em off when I posted my Mp3 last month.

Checked out one of your tunes too. Glad you came out of the closet admitting the lack of home recording ability. ;) :D ---Lee

Hey man.. I was a little "over the top" with Cabo Wabo Tequila last night when I wrote that last comment.

I like your tune man.. it's got a really nice Edie Brickell vibe to it. Did you have her in mind when you wrote that one? ;) Love that wild synth sound in there too! (I love Synths and guitarsynths)

Anyway.. keep up the good work and my apologies for coming across rather grotty in my previous post.

//AdrianFly

AdrianFly said:
Hey man.. I was a little "over the top" with Cabo Wabo Tequila last night when I wrote that last comment.

I like your tune man.. it's got a really nice Edie Brickell vibe to it.

I really don't give a flipping fuck what you had to drink, snort, or shoot last night, Adrian. There is no excuse for such a rude and nasty tirade. Oh yeah, thanks for listening and take your meds. :D ---Lee

Wow, I'm actually very impressed. Nice keys, man. Your recording kicks ass. Very clean with a nice high end timbre. The only thing I can criticize on it is that I think you should limit the harmonica just a touch because it is a bit spiky in some places. Not limiting to where it rapes the dynamics just to duck the REALLY loud parts a touch. Also, IMHO it's a very cool instrumental and I personally would keep it like that. On the far extreme, if you do vocals, do a LOT of them. I would say the main vocal plus a harmony track (only in certain areas should the harmony be present), and at least 4 backing vocals. Sorry, now I'm just being a ranting....

producer kid.

:D

producerkid said:
Wow, I'm actually very impressed. Nice keys, man. Your recording kicks ass. Very clean with a nice high end timbre. The only thing I can criticize on it is that I think you should limit the harmonica just a touch because it is a bit spiky in some places. Not limiting to where it rapes the dynamics just to duck the REALLY loud parts a touch. Also, IMHO it's a very cool instrumental and I personally would keep it like that. On the far extreme, if you do vocals, do a LOT of them. I would say the main vocal plus a harmony track (only in certain areas should the harmony be present), and at least 4 backing vocals. Sorry, now I'm just being a ranting....

producer kid.

:D

That's a good rant, though. I appreciate that rant considering the weird comments I have received until now! LOL :eek: That harmonica comment is going to make me have another listen. Instead of compressing/limiting that track, I left it as is and previously tamed some of those spikes you mentioned. I kinda like the emotion evoked there...the real "breaking through".. that intermittant heavy-winded expression..HOWEVER....it may be a bit much as you stated. Ducking...or some surgical amplitude attenutation will work fine actually. Going to check this out later....uh....after we get back from seeing George Carlin rip some new assholes tonight at his concert. :rolleyes:
Yeah, lot's of vocals. There will be very little harp, flute and trumpet when vocal tracks are added except after verses and choruses. At least they are tracked and ready to go. Harmonies will be assessed during further production I imagine. Thanks so much for taking the time to listen and comment, Kid. All the best, Lee.

No problem man, when you get vocals done and touch up that harmonica be sure to post an updated mix and let me (us, lol) know.

the kid

producerkid said:
No problem man, when you get vocals done and touch up that harmonica be sure to post an updated mix and let me (us, lol) know.

the kid

I'll be-a-postin' right here with any updates to let you (all of you, lol) know.

----Lee

that's really good - love the feel of it. the pipes/whistle sound or whatever plays the first melody is really cool, until it goes into the higher notes. that would suit the harmonica to go that high, but dont reckon it suits the pipes (if that's what they are?!). i love the pipe sound, but reckon they should be kept low.
seriously, i like this tune. reckon some type of bob dylan or (no offence :D) dire straits type vocals, or even pink floyd, would really do the track a hell of a lot of justice and turn it into something id DEFINITELY listen to

brummygit said:
that's really good - love the feel of it. the pipes/whistle sound or whatever plays the first melody is really cool, until it goes into the higher notes. that would suit the harmonica to go that high, but dont reckon it suits the pipes (if that's what they are?!). i love the pipe sound, but reckon they should be kept low.
seriously, i like this tune. reckon some type of bob dylan or (no offence :D) dire straits type vocals, or even pink floyd, would really do the track a hell of a lot of justice and turn it into something id DEFINITELY listen to

Point well taken about that "Incan Flute" patch (pipes). LOL :D A lot of those patches, when you go into ranges (upper) that you should avoid, often sound thin and lack volume. Excellent point, Brummy. Thanks for that keen and astute ear-opening observation! ---Lee

I reworked this track for about an hour tonight. Scruffy type of vocals. Yeah baby! Brimmy, this is just what I thought of doing during and after production on this thing. I may retrack some stuff that is off-meter a bit, and then again I may not, but I sure did increase the volume envelope on the high flute notes to compensate for the patch weaknesses you noticed, as well as feather out the high end of the same for an attempted more "realistic" sound. And of course, I could not help mess around with a few other things as well. :rolleyes: Hope you find some time to check this out, as it is the last time I make any adjustments to this certain piece at this time. Thanks! ---Lee

brummygit said:
i do like this one alot.

Oh shite, shite, shite!!!!! I am so sorry Brummy and anyone else. That last version on NOWHERERADIO was an example of a mixdown that didn't include one of the main guitar tracks!! :eek: :eek: :eek: The entire left track was omitted in error. Dang. And I didn't initially hear this. I must suck ass (__Y__) :rolleyes: I now stand in judgement of my peers for sentencing. :( ---Lee

P.S. Newest, CORRECTED, and last version up!

"Cool"

Last edited:
Have to admit this is pretty catchy. BRAVO.

I ditto the suggestion of keeping it an instrumental ( it holds its own ) .... or extend the song with existing instrumental parts, and insert new sections for lyrical content.

johnnymegabyte said:
Have to admit this is pretty catchy. BRAVO.

I ditto the suggestion of keeping it an instrumental ( it holds its own ) .... or extend the song with existing instrumental parts, and insert new sections for lyrical content.

Thanks for listening, Johnny. Interesting thoughts and observation. Gotta think this un' over for a while before I commit to lyricize this. Thanks! ---Lee

Back