Looking For Stereo Tool Settings For A Urban Internet Radio Station

DJboutit

I run a internet radio station playing Rap Hiphop R&B Soul Funk Reggae Chillhop Acid Jazz I am looking for setting that will work for my internet station. The settings I am looking for are decently loud nice amount of mids and highs good amount of stereo and I not a fan of a decent amount of treble. I am using the free version on Windows XP please post up your settings do not post setting that will crash the free version on Windows XP.

I like the Warm Smooth Settings by dabeatisflo suggestions for these settings turn up the volume a little turn down the treble some and turn up the mids and highs a little. The Warm Smooth Settings are the best I tired and I have tried 8 others they did not work on my system with Windows XP or were way to loud.

Warm Smooth Settings found here warm smooth settings - Stereo Tool

You'll be hard pressed to find official support for Windows XP, it's been completely retired by Microsoft for a few years now. Most applications you'll be looking for would be older, legacy versions. Newer apps won't even be written with Windows XP in mind. From a technical standpoint there's nothing *wrong* with using Windows XP, it's just going to severely limit your options.

What type of music software are you using to accomplish your radio show?

It sounds like you have two items you want addressed, possibly three.

1) Stereo widening effect
2) Equalization
3) Compression

Many vocal rack style software plugins will offer these items with individual adjustments, but you need to be using compatible music production software to even load them.

FREE! Version of XP?

Only OS I recall Ms ever giving away was W10 and that was mostly a con!

Dave.

I suspect that none of us are familiar with your preferred tool, which confused us into thinking it was windows you were talking about. However there are plenty of Google returns for this product, but it's a bit niche for us.

A bit of research shows that the old version was free, but the current versions are shareware with modest pricing so I guess the request to not break it is because to fix it would now mean licensing it. I guess a streaming licence is also probably not on the cards. Music should be free, right? Wrong. Music costs me a lot to produce, and you need to build this into your business model. I suspect this is why you can't push it too far on their quite comprehensive forum I've just been reading.

Back