looking for good mixing

xotsx

I sing for a Christian metal/hardcore band from Indiana called Of the Son. I recorded our first full length, and have been working on our new 5 song EP. It is going to be released on a decently big label... when we decide which one we are going with. Anyway, I'd like to have a fresh ear to mix what we've recorded. We don't want to spend a ton of $$, but do want a good mix and are willing to pay according to quality... Anyway, here's a link to a rough mix I've done. You can email me through www.oftheson.com or send me a PM. Thanks.

Ryan

Dude, I will make your stuff rock heavier than you could have every possibly imagined. You don't want any of these clowns monkeying around with your music. I am the only one on this board who is metal enough for you.

:D

dude, chessrock is f***'n' hardcore! He might try to put subliminal satanic messages into your music though. That's how hardcore he his :D

Ok, I just listened to the song... That sounds pretty well mixed already. Not saying that fresh ears can't help it, but it sounds really good already.

Dude, Bluebear will make your mixes sound like the Carpenters or Air Supply. All fluffy and mellow.

You want someone much more hardcore and metal than that.

Well, yea, actually I was just going to mention that.

You should definitely send them to both loud CD's and Master by Mail.

First send it to Loud, and after you receive it back, send it off to MBM, and tell them it's still wimpy-sounding, and you need it even louder.

That way, you will be ensured of having something loud enough to be considered metal.

chessrock said:
Dude, Bluebear will make your mixes sound like the Carpenters or Air Supply. All fluffy and mellow.

You want someone much more hardcore and metal than that.
Carpenter's or Air Supply, my ass!!!!!!!!!!!! It's Michael Bolton, you dink..... or was it John Tesh??? (I forget....) Anyways, it's one of them! :eek:

:p :p

Last edited:
I sent some of my hardcore metal tracks to Bluebear once,

and when it got back, I discovered to my dismay that every instrument had been re-tracked with midi and soft synths.

chessrock said:

and when it got back, I discovered to my dismay that every instrument had been re-tracked with midi and soft synths.
You say that like it's a negative thing???!?!

chessrock said:

He even Autotuned my Cookie Monster vocals :(

And he added harmony parts too! I didn't want Elmo and Big Bird on my death metal pièce de résistance :mad:

OK, seriously, he's a good guy, talented engineer too . . .

Although he did ask to be paid in blueberry muffins, which isn't so bad except he wanted 500 of them, and got pretty angry at me when I didn't bring any butter . . . I got out alive, but there are scratch marks all over my car :o

Yeah well - it was SUPPOSED to be BLUEBERRIES........... bears LOVE blueberries!

Dammit, now I'm mad again just thinkin' about it, now where's that car.......???

Blue Bear Sound said:
You say that like it's a negative thing???!?!

It is when you consider they were also run through an Alesis 3630 accross the master bus ... followed by the BBE Sonic Maximizer set to "earbleed." It becomes suspect, at the very least.

Oh heck. When is someone going to come out with a "Mixbymail.com" and get it over with?

Blue Bear Sound said:
First off, it was a BEHRINGER compressor, and secondly, it was a Finalizer (with the John Tesh preset), NOT an exciter.......... :p :p
Yeah, come on you stinkin' noooobs. Everybody knows that by definition an Exciter can't have a John Tesh setting.

G.

Back