Looking for an amp

I'm not really sure. I depends on if you are talking a 1X12 amp or a Tube head with a 4x10 cab. (I have seen some reasonably priced Crate Blue Voodoo rigs at GC). I brought up the tube thing because the guys at the digitech forum swear by them to compliment their GNX's. The idea is to start with the cleanest, flattest tone possible so you can experience the effects the way the were intended. A typical guitar amp's preamp will color the tone when plugging in through the main input. The way around that is to hook up via the FX loop (providing the amp has this option) as opposed the main guitar input.

Another option is to run one of these FX units through a PA system. That is what I am doing with the Bose, and it sounds great.

The GNX3 is a sweet unit for both home recording and for playing with a band. It has a built in 8 track recorder that can be used for catching spur of the moment licks. Plus you can record directly to your computer via spdif. Providing that your sound card supports spdif.

I would encourage you to browse the digitech forum if you are at all interested. http://www.digitech.com/soundcomm/guitar.asp

There are a lot of guys over there far more intelligent than me about this kind of stuff. Feel free to ask questions. Everyone is super helpful.

Good luck,
Mumbus

Back