Lonely Verses Collaboration

michaelwookey

I have had this idea to make a project where lots of people give a verse/chorus/solo and send it to me. The idea is that I collect these and with the help of a couple of other people, make songs from them. No editing will take place, only rearranging. So it might be verse (mw) / chorus (someone else) verse (someone different) etc.

I will collect as many as necessary to be able to make 10 songs and then begin arranging. It's basically like Smile by Brian Wilson, but with different writers for each section. I really like the idea of an album with no single thread running through it.

Obviously it won't be released or anything, but I will make it available to download, so anyone who wants to hear it can.

The only rule is that it must be around 30 seconds (no more than 45).

Everyone is more than welcome to submit a piece to the email address (lonelyverses@michaelwookey.com). MP3 only please.

I'm looking forward to hearing things. It will have artists from all over the world.

So we'd just record a 30 second snatch of music and lyrics, and you'd try to compile them into a song? Do you want them fully mixed and mastered then? Or would you re-record things as you combine them?

This is a really interesting idea. I might have to try it. Can we submit multiple pieces?

yeh

Hey.

I won't be rerecording anything. The idea is to have a song that uses lots of different pieces. I think it will be cool.

You can submit as many pieces as you like. I've had loads of interest in this, so I don't know if everything will be used.

Send to lonelyverses@michaelwookey.com

MW

Just a bump to let you know I've started on 5 (and a half?) pieces for this. Hopefully, at least one or two will be good enough to qualify!

no

We thought about that, but no. We're collecting a huge amount of songs for this, with a view to creating a whole album. We are sure that we will have enough to make things flow nicely.

Feel free to contribute!

MW

Back