LISTEN TO MY BEATS

yo,

the first track i am feeling a lot. the 2nd and 3rd tracks are not my type of swing so i can't comment on what can be done a little better. the last beat is alright. i'm a novice at making beats also so don't take my criticsm strongly. i'm just letting you know what i can groove to and what i can't groove to. as far as what needs to mixed better that's a battle i'm trying to win myself. keep up the good work. that first beat, i would (probably) cop if it was up for grabs and if you offered a good price.

phyzical therapy

yo, beathoven

was it the 3rd track that led you to that? i caught that feeling from it also.

first track

yup. first track is the best. overall pretty good. i like the bleeps and bloops.

i get this feeling that these all come from a single piece of software, or a single workstation dealy.

like on that first track that synthy bleep that pitches up and has some sort of fast modulation on it. it sounds cool, but it doesnt vary much at all. i would like it better if that varied a bit, like if it came from some box and you would fiddle with the knobs while the beat was going.

but yea, overall good. the little melody hooks are good.

Jugalo, I sell CDs with 15 original track instrumentals for $30.00 each. Those tracks I posted in nowhereradio are in part of the CD.

Beathoven, yeah i use fruityloops. You could tell by that computer sound in one of the tracks huh?lol

and eeldip, i agree wit you. I could have changed the sound a lil bit cuz it was kinda too repetitive. Those beats i had posted up there are not really my best beats. Those beats I made when i was just starting out.

Track 4: Interesting sound, but I don't know how great it would sound with an MC over it....but interesting none-the-less.

Track 3: Progressive jazz comes to mind (even though I've never heard any).

Track 1: AWESOME. I LOVE IT. Mind if I download the mp3 and spit a verse over it? I'll post it to nowhereradio if you allow.

Track 11: That old Jay-z song comes to mind, hard knock life. Sounds like a fun little ditty to rap over.

Ginuwine said:
you can buy the beat from me if you want then you can spit over it.
Weak....

Your beats aren't worth a penny. A collaboration however is worth more than money.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Ginuwine
you can buy the beat from me if you want then you can spit over it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you pay for the use of your name?

jake-owa said:
Weak....

Your beats aren't worth a penny. A collaboration however is worth more than money.

what up shortay. How you think i can make my beat better so it would worth a penny?

No beat is worth buying to me or many of us.
We all own devices that spit beats out for free. All I gotta do is hook up some effects and a few samples and bam, got another one.

Anytime you need some free beats lemme know.:)

I wish you all the best at your get rich music scheme.
I for one am doing it for love.

Well you could start by making some original sound effects to add in there. Your rythyms are mostly made of some generic type stock sounds. It gets old. When I hear a beat and the sample names appear in my mind I get really bored.

Get a cool synth and make some custom settings.
Make a folder on your hard drive and start recording your own SFX. Use a mic and add real sounds in there. Take a car door shutting and slow it down in sound forge and use it every other snare hit. Record a real wood block with your own self-customized filter or flange on it. Make your own kits of custom sounds.

Be original or "fresh" if that helps.

advice of the day

jake-owa said:
Well you could start by making some original sound effects to add in there. Your rythyms are mostly made of some generic type stock sounds. It gets old. When I hear a beat and the sample names appear in my mind I get really bored.

Get a cool synth and make some custom settings.
Make a folder on your hard drive and start recording your own SFX. Use a mic and add real sounds in there. Take a car door shutting and slow it down in sound forge and use it every other snare hit. Record a real wood block with your own self-customized filter or flange on it. Make your own kits of custom sounds.

Be original or "fresh" if that helps.

this advice is so good i had to print the whole thing again.

jake-owa is a voice of sanity in a world of mediocre music.

Thank you...thank you.:)

Seriously, why not put your own indellible mark on all that is yours? Why try to sound like every other boring song you've ever heard overplayed on the radio? do you think any real groundbreakers just use the preset sounds that are given to them for free?

And you want people to pay for that? I'd rather pay Sonic Foundry...it's really their stuff.:rolleyes:

Back