LISTEN LIKE BRIAN with VOCALS

How much compression/limiting is on that drum mix? They sound nice and even (not too much dynamic range). Sounds great.

Hello Folks,
The comments and recommendations have been excellent and the compliments greatly appreciated.
A little tweak to the drums is all that's been added since the last but it seems to have added a little something extra, (thanks for the recco GL).
Here are the FINAL mixes:
Listen Like Brian by green/cochrane
MONO

STEREO

Unreal working with you Rob & Greg.

Yeah, that latest update works fine for me. For some reason I slightly prefer the mono mix - it seems to gel a touch better. Maybe it reduces the effects of having three contributors recording in different spaces? I think I was of the same opinion when you did Watch.

As you say, it's been good fun. Nice one ray :)

Sounds real nice. I like the song a lot.

I ended up liking the stereo version a bit better. I got over the flanger thing. :) Sometimes these things take me a while.

Hearing this song grow, from bare bones to what it has become, has been a treat. (Even better with the lyrics for those that know BW's life and works) Final mix sounds great here.

Top stuff Ray/Greg/Rob. You should be proud of this. :thumbs up:

gregoryg,
There's not much treatment on the drums - they were expertly tracked by Greg L.
Ido1957,
Thanks Gerry.
RobGreen,
Good collaboration - ongoing input from all parties really helped.
Greg,
That last tweak to the drums really sees to have done the job. Thanks for pointing to it.
TripleM,
I actually fiddled with a sitar effect after you commented but it didn't come close to being useful. Thanks for the ongoing help!
Mr Clean,
thanks mate. I couldn't complete a song without HR help these days.

Nice work guys. I love the vocals Rob. It's got the usual drive I expect from your tunes Ray, and Greg's drumming style fits nice. Typically it takes me 2-3 listens to get into your tunes, but once I do I love em forever. It's cool. Nice bass. I think I prefer the stereo.

Hello fritsthegirl,
Thanks for listening & commenting - even more for letting it pollute your ear enough times to sink in.
Stereo is the obvious one but, given the theme, I really wanted to do a nice mono mix - selfish but necessary.
Thanks again.

I'm too late to the party to really suggest much (nothing more irritating than "here's the stuff I'd change on this mix that you've labored over and changed a dozen times in the last few weeks").

I like the song, the chord progression works for me. Although the drums are a little quiet, they sound great. I like the busy drum line...a refreshing change from the "drummer bot 2000" sequenced parts that I and many others end up with.

I'm always impressed when long-distance collaborations work out. It's gotta be a pain in the ass to coordinate it from hundreds (thousands!) of miles away, in very different time zones, with people that have jobs and families, etc.

All in all, good work guys!

Back