Line 6 Spider IV 150?

Don't know where you're at, but there's a Class 5 in Houston GC and one here in Durham, NC either for $400. Couple more around the country. Check with Guitar Center's used gear. The cost to get it to you is minimal I think.

Lets say around $500. This would be used in 100 percent in the studio for recording, so I don't need a lot of power, just flexibility and good tone.. .

I like the small Fender Super Champ X2 or XD. All tube with some FX tossed in, (saving some pedal cash). Ive messed with them in the stores, like the popular Blues Junior, fits your criteria...imo.

Small, studio only, flexible...slap a sm57 on it and probably not too bad, and coming in under $500.
I saw a used one for $200-275, new are $325 ish with 15% off GC. (footswitch $25..maybe free used)

Dave Gilmour sounds like he does primarily because he is Dave Gilmour. He could play through a line6 amp and a variax and he would sound like Dave Gilmour.

The easiest way to get where you want to go is practice. Tube amps and treble boosters/overdrive pedals will help you with the finishing touches, but what you want is technique.

Also, for purely studio work, GuitarRig sounds great. I have tons of amps and guitars and still use it here and there.

Back