Line 6 POD Studio UX2 with POD Farm

jake the snake

im toying with the idea of picking up the line 6 pod studio ux2 interface.

does anyone have any expeirience with it? its getting really good reviews on musicians friend and theres a ton of videos on youtube with guys getting some really sick guitar tones out of it.

when using a plug in like pod farm, do you record your tracks with the effects already on... or is the track recorded clean afterwhich you add whatever plugin FX you want?

im toying with the idea of picking up the line 6 pod studio ux2 interface.

does anyone have any expeirience with it? its getting really good reviews on musicians friend and theres a ton of videos on youtube with guys getting some really sick guitar tones out of it.

when using a plug in like pod farm, do you record your tracks with the effects already on... or is the track recorded clean afterwhich you add whatever plugin FX you want?

the track is clean you add the effects or change the amp as you please, the tone is good, the interface is easy to set up/use, its a great buy :)

Im sure the package is the same as mine which ended up with the platinum edition..I prefer the gearbox interface but that not here nor there..its the same sounds

Its very good..Im not saying its the best but the interface is excellent, and there's more than just guitars..the bass and vocals stuff (my favourite) are good as well

Podfarm will also let you set up two separate guitar chains at the same time and pan them separately. I agree on the Gearbox interface, though.

Last edited:
what kind of vocals are you doing with it? metal style?

the two separate guitar chains for panning is an awesome feature i didnt know about.

thanks a lot guys... guess i'll go for it.

check out this tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBMWniG-s_U

thats the sound i'm going for.. achievable for a newb?

everything is achievable...its just how much time you're willing to put into it mate

and no my vocal style is not metal...thats for sure ;)

it has a whole set of vocal pre-amps plus presets...you could do any style you wanted with them

Thanks, I've always been told that usb is just plain rubbish, but line 6 have worked hard on reducing the latency its got the best guitar sound i've ever heard from a home studio even through everyone swears buy Sm57's up against the grill, i've heard it all the time but if im honest I've never heard an amazing tone but the line 6 seems to be able to give beefyness with clarity with would normally have to use 2 mics in different positions and eq'd and what not which can be difficult whereas the line 6 seems to make everything much simpler. can anyone argue against me? convince me to use mics with exampls of audio?

i think good guitarists will make anything sound good...and folks with a good ear will be able to distinguish between a mic'd amp and any of this software..though not all the time

but for the rest of us it'll do fine :)

i just got the pod studio ux2 today.. pumped.
it comes with 4 disks.. not sure what their all for.. i dont want to install something im not gonna use and it doesnt come with any manuals or quickstart paperwork.

1)pod farm version 1... obviously this is the amp simulator etc
2)reason adapted version4... is this a daw?
3)riffworks... not sure about this one.. is it a bunch of guitar loops to test out the different sounds in pod farm?
4)live lite7... no clue.
please straighten me out

im using reaper, so i dont need another daw.

i just got the pod studio ux2 today.. pumped.
it comes with 4 disks.. not sure what their all for.. i dont want to install something im not gonna use and it doesnt come with any manuals or quickstart paperwork.

1)pod farm version 1... obviously this is the amp simulator etc
2)reason adapted version4... is this a daw?
3)riffworks... not sure about this one.. is it a bunch of guitar loops to test out the different sounds in pod farm?
4)live lite7... no clue.
please straighten me out

im using reaper, so i dont need another daw.

Reason and Live are two great daw platforms and take a completely different approach than what you're used to, but they are both VERY cool if you take the time to get into them. I live Live a lot for it's on-the-fly looping and extensive vst signal chaining ability. I saw Craig Anderton demoing a lot of guitar sims, and he was using Live for pretty much everything in his presentaiton.
Riffworks is a subscription program from Line6 that basically gives you the backing tracks and tab for Rock standbys. It's like Guitar Hero but you can learn to play real notes!

Direct Connection

Hi

As conclusion,
If I connect an electric guitar to Line 6 POD Studio UX2 and connect it to a computer, can I make records as if I were playing with an amplifier.

And will I have trouble if the OS is windows 7

Back