Lexicon MPX200

BigKahuna

http://www.lexicon.com/mpx200/

Anyone have this box?
I have the MPX100, and must say I'm a little disappointed with it. The effects are nice and clean for a cheap effects box. But, the lack of editing features and number of unique effects is the downfall, imho.
I'm wondering how the MPX200 compares ... is it a glorified MPX100 or does it's features put it into a different class? I admit that I'm really after the s/pdif I/O. Should I save the $$ for the MPX500 and play it safe?

Oh, decisions decisions ...
Just wondering if anyone's worked with this unit and can offer their opinion.
Thanks for your feedback.

Save for the MP500! 24 bit A/D/A, SPDIF-ical ready and can be updated with the Lexicon VG2 card!

I thought I read the 200 was basically a duel channel 100.

I agree I'm a little disappointed in my 100. I should have paid attention to the warnings on this site.

Besides the cosmetic diffs bet the 100 & the 200 (100 uses L.E.D.'s while the 200 has a numerical screen) and improved delay's and chorus'es, the main diff between the 2 is the 100
is a stereo-effect processor while the 200 is a dual-effect processor which can be used as 2 separate efx boxes by using the inserts.

I'd recommend the MPX500 also, I have one, and will probably buy another in the future and use them both. Excellent processing, although mine has some weird quirk with the program selection knob that's driving me crazy. It backpeddles down to zero if you jiggle the knob, making it difficult to select programs.

500 not 200

I got the 200 and I am sorry I did. I thought I was saving a bit of money and would get much the same result as the 500. I believe I was worng and, frankly, I am dissapointed in the 200. I don't think it sucks (I'm no expert) but, better editing would be alot more usefull that searching around for a preset that might come close to what I am ttrying to acheive.

Back