Let's turn a new leaf.

ChristopherM

How 'bout some positive suggestions for promoting our music and indie music hobbies/careers?

Anyone ever play the Lava Lounge in L.A.?

Oh...and by the way, anyone (bands) looking for a solo-acoustic opening act for a tour this fall or late summer? :D

lava lounge

... i played the lava lounge last year. it's an ok joint. a little off the beaten path (in a little sort of strip mall), so not much in the way of walk in traffic. bring a boom stand if you sit when you play... they only have straight mic stands;)
peace - jv

ChristopherM said:
How 'bout some positive suggestions for promoting our music and indie music hobbies/careers?

Anyone ever play the Lava Lounge in L.A.?

Oh...and by the way, anyone (bands) looking for a solo-acoustic opening act for a tour this fall or late summer? :D

... i'm generally taken along as support by bigger acts when i tour (so i am an opening act myself), but i would be happy to help you out with contacts (west coast?). i appreciate your efforts in trying to help out with your website, and on this board. you seem like a guy with his heart in the right place.
thanks - jv

Re: lava lounge

johneeeveee said:
... i played the lava lounge last year. it's an ok joint. a little off the beaten path (in a little sort of strip mall), so not much in the way of walk in traffic. bring a boom stand if you sit when you play... they only have straight mic stands;)
peace - jv

Hmm...
Well, I stand when I play, but move around a lot. Guess I'd better bring a boom stand.

Re: Re: Let's turn a new leaf.

johneeeveee said:
... i'm generally taken along as support by bigger acts when i tour (so i am an opening act myself), but i would be happy to help you out with contacts (west coast?).
Thanks. I'll be hunting you down when it comes closer to the time :D
i appreciate your efforts in trying to help out with your website, and on this board. you seem like a guy with his heart in the right place.
thanks - jv
Thanks! I do what I can.

Focusing on the positive...

Just wanted to put a positive message back up to the top of the forum list.

Keep up the good attitudes guys...it's working!

Cheers!

Christopher

No this was on a post that was deleted.
As well I received an email from the Dragon who told me they are banned from the site for there derogatory comments. In the long run then it was worth the battle.

pashop said:
No this was on a post that was deleted.
As well I received an email from the Dragon who told me they are banned from the site for there derogatory comments. In the long run then it was worth the battle.

Cool. To bad it had to come to that. I was wondering why we hadn't heard from them in so long.

Back