Lets solve the worlds problems.

My first job in the automotive field was fix the goddamned car cause you can't afford a mechanic and you have to go to work. So, out of necessity, a back yard mechanic was born. The libraries used to have all the Chiltons and Haynes manual, I borrowed enough of them . Not anymore. Luckily in my job it was necessary to have basically the same tools needed and more, and that I had the aptitude and a life long hate of engineers to keep me going.
The first thing I ever fixed on a car was replace a sealed beam on my hand-me-down '65 Barracuda. My girlfriend's father instructed me on that one. Then he said, "Pop the hood." He took one look at the factory 2V carb on the 273-V8 and said, "We need a bigger carburetor. I've got an old Carter 4V we can throw on there." And so, another Mr. Fix-It was born.

I can't remember the first thing I did. Probably rebuild a GM starter motor. They weren't the most reliable but easy to fix.

In my jobber days, I sold all the individual replacement components for alternators, starters and many other parts. We would actually [no, don't say it!] repair or rebuild failed car parts for only a few dollars, instead of replacing the whole component for hundreds of dollars. Well, most things were that way then - not throwaways we're consuming now.

Stick a fork in, we're done.

It's impossible to solve all the problems. You can fix problems that have definite solutions. You first have to define the problem to even look for the solution.

Climate Change? Reducing emissions might help. Will it stop the temperature from changing? No. Many people don't believe in God. It's these people screaming the loudest. They believe in evolution. Well, according to scientists, much of earth was once frozen, and over the centuries it thawed. Well, it hasn't stopped thawing. There's just life on it now. We haven't changed the course of the earth. You can't change nature. You can destroy, rebuild it. But, you can't stop the sun from shining, the rain or snow from falling or the moon from rising. What could be done, would be to destroy every tree and plant in the world, and we'd die from lack of oxygen. Problem solved.

According to the film An Inconvenient Truth, there were catastrophes that were supposed to happen a decade ago that didn't. Many idiots like Greta claim the world is going to end in 2030. We have seven years to party it up. Another solution to the same problem. Party till the world ends.

Poverty? Religious bastardization? Crime? Hunger? Rape? Murder? Save the whales? Drug addiction?

Half the world has forgotten the difference between boys and girls, and you want to solve the world's problems. Good luck with that.

Reactions: RFR

It's impossible to solve all the problems. You can fix problems that have definite solutions. You first have to define the problem to even look for the solution.

Climate Change? Reducing emissions might help. Will it stop the temperature from changing? No. Many people don't believe in God. It's these people screaming the loudest. They believe in evolution. Well, according to scientists, much of earth was once frozen, and over the centuries it thawed. Well, it hasn't stopped thawing. There's just life on it now. We haven't changed the course of the earth. You can't change nature. You can destroy, rebuild it. But, you can't stop the sun from shining, the rain or snow from falling or the moon from rising. What could be done, would be to destroy every tree and plant in the world, and we'd die from lack of oxygen. Problem solved.

According to the film An Inconvenient Truth, there were catastrophes that were supposed to happen a decade ago that didn't. Many idiots like Greta claim the world is going to end in 2030. We have seven years to party it up. Another solution to the same problem. Party till the world ends.

Poverty? Religious bastardization? Crime? Hunger? Rape? Murder? Save the whales? Drug addiction?

Half the world has forgotten the difference between boys and girls, and you want to solve the world's problems. Good luck with that.

The problems cannot be solved. It’s an impossibility as long as the ‘world leaders’ are insane. And they are. One for one, they’re batshit crazy.

Just take a look at the climate change efforts. They’re focused on CO2 reduction Reduce CO2 and you reduce the ‘‘oxygen’ that all plant life NEEDS. Dead plants don’t produce the oxygen that WE (humans and animals) need.

That’s suicide. Or genocide depending on how you look at it.

Yes, our ‘leaders’ are fucking insane.

Last edited:
What is it, Scotland?....word is they're going to be leveling forests to erect wind farms. In time it will become man made rusted out dysfunctional waste where a forest once stood.

• Wow
Reactions: RFR

It's a joke son, get over yourself. It's all too little too late. Best of luck.

Just take a look at the climate change efforts. They’re focused on CO2 reduction Reduce CO2 and you reduce the ‘‘oxygen’ that all plant life NEEDS. Dead plants don’t produce the oxygen that WE (humans and animals) need.
I don't understand what was said there.

As a matter of fact, plants like CO2 so much that many commercial greenhouses will pump it in to get better crop yield. :-)

To be fair, and not to get all technically...

Greenhouses are an enclosed space. With the plants breathing in CO2 and breathing out oxygen they over time start to run out of CO2 and begin to...smother?

Sorry, I'm on a gardening and plant growing state of mind binge.

To be fair, and not to get all technically...

Greenhouses are an enclosed space. With the plants breathing in CO2 and breathing out oxygen they over time start to run out of CO2 and begin to...smother?

Sorry, I'm on a gardening and plant growing state of mind binge.
Well, judging by the input you are putting into the gardening thread, I’d say you’re doing a damn fine job. :-)

Back