let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 963 75.5%

• Total voters
My humble set. :drunk:

Attachments

• Studio One.JPG
    Studio One.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 990
  • Studio One b.JPG
    Studio One b.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 985
  • Studio One c.JPG
    Studio One c.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 987
  • Studio One d.JPG
    Studio One d.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 984
And some close-ups.
I'll add some mics and stuff another time. :drunk:

Attachments

• Studio One f.JPG
    Studio One f.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 991
  • Amp.JPG
    Amp.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 981
  • The Rack.JPG
    The Rack.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,013
  • Korg.JPG
    Korg.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 978
The stool is perfect for my posture and doesn't pinch the cables.
I record on the Korg and edit on the PC.
The 2Seemy arrived the day after I posted the pictures, so the Korg now shows up on the big screen. What a difference.
I'll be doing much more with the Korg in the future.
The lava lamp adds warmth.

I know, it's not close to what some of the others have but it's way beyond my needs.
I have 16 channel capability on the Korg and at least 12 with the Echo Mona, plus surround mixing if I choose to go that route.
I am truly spoiled.

Not so much a studio. more of a jam room that is rigged up for live recording. a work in progress.

Attachments

• Music room.r.jpg
    Music room.r.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,123
Just downscaled everything from a digital mixer to control surfaces. Works great! :)

Interested to hear from New Country genre lyricists who would like to collaborate.

attachment.php

Al

Edinburgh,UK
www.aljames.co.uk

I can always tell when someone's removed the ashtrays, moved coffee cups to the kitchen and hoovered underneath the desk... :D

Dr. V

Not so much a studio. more of a jam room that is rigged up for live recording. a work in progress.

Yeah, that is a cool room. The abundance of rugs certainly livens things up...

I like the double cutaway electric in the back there...is that a Yamaha, or a Gibson?...maybe an ibanez?

I know, it's not close to what some of the others have but it's way beyond my needs.

No man...that's a real nice looking rig. :cool:

I'll be the first to say that ergonomics, comfort and vibe are as key in a studio setup as is proper acoustic treatment and gear...
...but I'm kinda' curious why you have your monitors in that asymmetrical setup and kinda off in the corner of the room?
Not trying to preach...but I think most guys would say the same thing, that you would benefit by having them more in the center of the wall away from the corner and in a symmetrical position relative to the room.
That way...you won't get odd/different reflections from one side relative to the other.

Did you get a "Buy One, Get One Free" deal on all those rugs?! :D
Very cool. I have a couple in my studio too. :cool:

You have a nice size room there...it has great potential if you want to take it beyond the live/jam room to a more formal recording studio.

but I'm kinda' curious why you have your monitors in that asymmetrical setup and kinda off in the corner of the room?
Actually, they aren't.
The desk is actually about 3' from the far wall so not in the corner at all.
You are partly right though.
Those dual 10' speakers are in the corner.
I have since moved the 8' passives over to the Korg desk in much the same way as the Behringers are set up for the PC.
So I took your advice about 24hours before you gave it.
Thanks.
Love the other set ups, by the way.
Dr. Varney: That is one very impressive array on your desk.
:drunk:

Cheers,

That is indeed egg trays, the panels are; thin board of MDF - thin sheet of foam - acoustic baffles - Egg trays. 1200 x 600. there are about 20 of them.

12062008008.jpg

12062008.jpg

i was going to cover them in fabric but i reckon they look the biz as is.

The Guitar is a Yamaha SG-3000.

The rugs were all from Vinnies. adds a nice random mix of smells :). The room is bigger than it looks. Ill get a shot from another angle later. There is also an off room at the side that has the mixer, pc and monitors so the recording side is starting to take shape.

Cheers,

That is indeed egg trays, the panels are; thin board of MDF - thin sheet of foam - acoustic baffles - Egg trays. 1200 x 600. there are about 20 of them.

i was going to cover them in fabric but i reckon they look the biz as is.

Do you really believe they're doing anything to help your acoustics?

Back