lack of monitoring

dolecek1

i use cool edit pro to record, with a audiophile 24/96 soundcard.and right now just use a behri mixer.but the prob i have encountered is when i do overdubs, in order to hear the drums and such i have to yank the levels on cool edit opro veyr high in order to hear my guitar which im recording, any suggestions on this? thanks

Alright, one way to do it then is to route the output of your soundcard back through your mixer as well and do your monitoring off the mixer. Just adjust the faders on your mixer channels between your guitar/bass and the mix from your soundcard.

The Behringer doesn't have direct outs or inserts on the channels you're recording your guitar/bass through?

i dont beleive so i actually borrowed this mixer because i traded my old mixer in because i ordwered a soundcraft, you know anythign bout the pod? when i jam with the pod using headphone jack, i get an awesome sound, but when i use the direct out on the pod into my mixer, i dont get that awesome of a sound, ya pod says change ur setting to direct mode, but im just not getting that exact sound and im quite frustrated with it.

No, I don't have a pod. What model of Behri mixer is it? Maybe someone familiar with them can help. The Soundcraft should make things simpler when you get it.

Hmmmm, if you conect your monitors to Control room out on your Beh, your comp out to Beh line in and press the LINE IN TO CTRL ROOM it shouldn't go trough to the main out but you'll be able to record the imputs as normal.

Back