KRK Rokit 8s vs Yamaha NS-10s

nice monitors BTW! good choice IMO.

Thanks :) I definitely like 'em. The studio my ears developed most in had a pair of 1032s for nearfields, and my mixes on these turn out just as good as those (to be fair, my mixes on several other pairs were/are fine, too, once I got used to them - but I always felt kinda blind in comparison to the Genelecs with regards to being able to "see" the stereo image until I got the Events. Never knew what exactly the deal was, though, apparently. Now I do!).

This is dead on:

This is....weird:

^^^I'm not sure what to make of this guy yet... The credits list on his About Me is impressive, although not as much so as some of our members (who aren't nearly so...enthusiastic about who they are), and I can't easily find any source mentioning him outside of said About Me page... Odd, given that list, but I'll reserve judgement for now, since he didn't say anything wrong, really - just kinda weird. That signature seems to imply that all the other members who are record producers don't help out (when they clearly do), and that all the members who happen to work at Guitar Center are trying to sodomize people (which they clearly don't...at least not here, lol), and then an advertisement for a book that happens to have an author of the same name...hmmmm... Controversial is never boring, at least. Welcome to HR, Jason... :drunk:

well he did say "encountered" at the studio, not recorded or engineered or whatever at the studio.

the homeless guy that hangs out if front of the studio is gonna "encounter" a lot of big names. who knows, maybe he's legit. I don't know. but his signature bugs me "compete your demo and throw it in the trash". if he is legit that's awesome! i'm glad he's here.

in fact, i "encountered" steven tyler once. he was clothes shopping in chicago...super cool dude...very short.

now, to the OP, i'd go with the krk 8". i've used them and they're wonderful.

Oh, yea - I actually looked into that guy more later (I forgot this was the thread that happened in...). He is legit, and I hope he sticks around. Funny, too. He's got some good stuff on youtube :)

Oh, yea - I actually looked into that guy more later (I forgot this was the thread that happened in...). He is legit, and I hope he sticks around. Funny, too. He's got some good stuff on youtube :)

awesome! that's super cool. I wasn't trying to be a jerk, just funny...i guess there's a fine line and I'm not very good at either.

I always throw my stuff right in the garbage.
Sometimes I'll toss it before I even record it.

:)

haha. i only keep about 15% of what i record for myself. i either realize the songs suck or the recording sucks or gets so convoluted i can't fix it.

I use 10m's, and I would do it again.
I think they are excellent, flat (no surprises) NF's for mixing.

Hey Sam , I'm curious. What are you powering your NS10s with? I had an old Stewart and not sure what amps were. I keep hearing make sure its a good amp if its NS10s. Can you tell me how big of an amp I need to run NS10s. I'm not a tech head so please speak slowly...also i'm a songwriter so...
Thanks.

Back