KRK monitors not working with alesis master control and ableton?

Adamzappel

so i have a pair of KRK rokkit 5's and an alesis master control, but i can't seem to get any sound out of the monitors? if i put them into headphone 1 and 2, i can hear music in itunes and windows media player, but not in ableton, i've tried them in the other inputs, but still nothing? what am i doing wrong?! :(:(

so i have a pair of KRK rokkit 5's and an alesis master control, but i can't seem to get any sound out of the monitors? if i put them into headphone 1 and 2, i can hear music in itunes and windows media player, but not in ableton, i've tried them in the other inputs, but still nothing? what am i doing wrong?! :(:(

Sounds like your problem is with ableton and not the monitors.

What do you mean by plugging them into "headphone 1 and 2"?

well after the 8 inputs, theres two 1/4" inputs labelled headphones 1 & 2...
do you have any experience with ableton?

well after the 8 inputs, theres two 1/4" inputs labelled headphones 1 & 2...
do you have any experience with ableton?

I don't :o

You mean outputs? I don't think there's such thing as a headphone input, and if there is, I have no idea what it is :confused:

Are there no speaker outputs?

I'd imagine that the two headphone outputs (when used with headphones), output the exact same signal, which is stereo. So, by plugging two speakers into each of them, you'll be getting the same signal in both, and you'll be monitoring in mono. I'm not sure whether the signal going to the speakers would be the left side (twice), the right side (twice), or the left and right signal summed into one, but it would definitely be mono. I'm looking at a picture of the back panel now. Use "Mon/Line Out" "1L" and "2R."

Now, back to the OP. If you're hearing audio from windows media player etc. but not ableton, it couldn't be a problem with your KRK's. The speakers don't know where they're getting the signal from, so if it works on one thing, it should work on another. I'd say it's a problem with your interface, or ableton isn't sending it's output to your interface.

Look up how to set up your audio interface with ableton. It could be outputting to your internal soundcard, or not at all.

ok so after connecting the monitors to 1L and 2R, and fiddling around wiith buttons on the front, the monitors are working in direct monitor mode, so i can hear myself playing bass through them, but still not working with ableton? im hopefully guessing this now means the problem is with ableton and not my control surface? :s

UPDATE: i have no idea what, i did, but the monitors are now working?! i decided to press play one last time before checking the ableton faq, and voila?! sound!! thanks alot phillbagg! if it wasnt for you i'd still be stuck in the headphone outputs :P

UPDATE: i have no idea what, i did, but the monitors are now working?! i decided to press play one last time before checking the ableton faq, and voila?! sound!! thanks alot phillbagg! if it wasnt for you i'd still be stuck in the headphone outputs :P

No problem dude! Glad it worked out!

Stick around. You're still new to the game, and there's a lot to be learned here. I sure picked up a lot in my 8/9 months here :)

Back