Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow

Knopfler Fan

I must be living under a rock lately because yesterday was the first time I heard/saw the video of "Picture"-- a duet between Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow. I must say, I was very impressed with Kid Rock's vocals. And the song is kickass too!

Being that I am in the microphone forum, can someone please tell me the mics used? Why is Kid Rock's mic bigger than Crow's? Is one for male vocal and the other for female vocal?

KF

The mics in the video may or may not be the ones they recorded the song with.....

now if this was the Cave Id have some miscellaneous comments about Sheryl Crow, but Ill be nice here....yummy......

I was going to post the same question, even though I don't like either of them.

I'm pretty sure Sheryl's was a C-12. I know Kid Rock's wasn't, but I'm not sure what his was.

BTW, Gidge, when you say "Support the Troops" in your profile there, do you mean "Support the War?" Just curious.

Gidge said:
Take it to the Cave......
Makes sense. What, should I start up a thread that says "Hey Gidge, in your little saying, does 'support the troops' mean 'support the war'?":)

Cominginsecond,
If you don't at least support the troops then get the fuck out of my country.

...sorry, I just HAD to post that here.

LocusLarsen said:
Cominginsecond,
If you don't at least support the troops then get the fuck out of my country.

...sorry, I just HAD to post that here.
1. What do you mean by "support the troops"? If you mean that you wish them well, of course I support the troops. I don't agree that supporting the troops means I have to support this unjust war that will only make us less safe and will result in further destruction of Iraq's people and infrastructure.

2. It's my country too. Deal with it. In America we get to disagree with each other. Real Americans can accept this without suggesting that the person they disagree with relocate.

3. I didn't start this. Gidge, perhaps, had a political message in his little message. I asked him to clarify, and then you started cussing at me.

This is the last I'll say about this in this forum. I suggest you do the same.

Yeah, if I recall correctly, Sheryl was on a 251 and Rock on a 47... But that's off that top of my head... If I was watching the video right now, I could tell ya for sure. And in this case, more than likely, the mics in the video are the mics they actually recorded with.

Knopfler Fan said:
I must say, I was very impressed with Kid Rock's vocals. And the song is kickass too!

Please tell me this is some kind of April Fool's joke.

That song makes me want to take a picture of me kicking Kid Rock's ass, only to "put the picture away" where the sun doth not shine upon his American 'kicked-ass.'

BTW I'm autotune's #1 fan!!!

Knopfler Fan said:
Being that I am in the microphone forum, can someone please tell me the mics used? Why is Kid Rock's mic bigger than Crow's? Is one for male vocal and the other for female vocal?

KF

It is perplexing... while Sheryl Crow is ever so slightly larger than Kid Rock, they gave her the smaller mic. Mic size is the major deterimining factor in pro studios, and the bigger the better.

I have two theories:

1. The "male" vocal mics as found in nature are larger than the "females." Since the song is nothing groundbreaking, they went with the status quo, pairing male human(autotuned robot) w/ male mic and female human w/ female mic.

2. The Kid is compensating.

Sorry if you (or anyone) actually likes the song... or Kid Rock...

I'm just feeling quite surly this morning after a long night at work.

Goodnight/morn,
Pat

cominginsecond said:
BTW, Gidge, when you say "Support the Troops" in your profile there, do you mean "Support the War?" Just curious.

Fuck Saddam and his regime!

Last edited:
cominginsecond said:
1. What do you mean by "support the troops"? If you mean that you wish them well, of course I support the troops. I don't agree that supporting the troops means I have to support this unjust war that will only make us less safe and will result in further destruction of Iraq's people and infrastructure.

2. It's my country too. Deal with it. In America we get to disagree with each other. Real Americans can accept this without suggesting that the person they disagree with relocate.

3. I didn't start this. Gidge, perhaps, had a political message in his little message. I asked him to clarify, and then you started cussing at me.

This is the last I'll say about this in this forum. I suggest you do the same.
TAKE IT TO THE FUCKIN CAVE!!! WHICH PART OF CAVE DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

Yeah, like Track Rat said, take it to the Cave. I started a thread there for you called "Fuck Saddam and his regime!"

Track Rat said:
TAKE IT TO THE FUCKIN CAVE!!! WHICH PART OF CAVE DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?
Locus Larsen tells me to get the f&*# out of the country and I'm not allowed to respond in this thread? I already said that I wasn't going to continue this line of conversation in this thread, and then you're the one that brought it up again.

Why didn't you say "Take it to the cave!" to DJL or LocusLarsen? Because you agree with him, not because you're so concerned about the purity of this forum.

Back