Just one question - too much compression on the two bus?

I like this one better than the first one. But I've got it turned w-a-y down. My Big Knob sits about 12.00 (no jokes, please) most of the time for most stuff. For this one, I've got it at about 10.00.

I like this one better than the first one. But I've got it turned w-a-y down. My Big Knob sits about 12.00 (no jokes, please) most of the time for most stuff. For this one, I've got it at about 10.00.
Ha - I've got a Mackie Big Knob too. I knew exactly what you were talking about.

Mine is also at 10 o'clock ... but that's where I normally have it.

The remastered version is still quite loud, but it is WAY down (almost 9db overall) from the first one I bricked.

Yes, it sounds rather crushed, but there's more to it. There's a lot of extra energy in the 75 Hz range which is probably eating up headroom. The most likely cause is a null where you sit in your mixing space. That's pretty common in smaller spaces. The high hats sound weird, like they're gated or something, and they're a bit on top of the mix. The song measured 8 LUFS, with a TP at +1.5. It takes skill and good tools to get to 8 LUFS and still sound good. I try to keep TP at -1.

On TV speakers and your 1st version was too much even for those. V2 is good. Hats are prominent but kick and snare are also well represented. Horns are fab, great groove. Nice jam

Yes, it sounds rather crushed, but there's more to it. There's a lot of extra energy in the 75 Hz range which is probably eating up headroom. The most likely cause is a null where you sit in your mixing space. That's pretty common in smaller spaces. The high hats sound weird, like they're gated or something, and they're a bit on top of the mix. The song measured 8 LUFS, with a TP at +1.5. It takes skill and good tools to get to 8 LUFS and still sound good. I try to keep TP at -1.
Thanks bud! I've since pulled back even more. It was overly crushed.

Back