Just how good is this soundcard

i have never heard of or seen that card before. i guess for 50 bucks it is worth a shot. you may very well be throwing away 50 bucks though. it doesn't tell what dirvers it supports, what sampling rates it can handle, what bit depth it encodes at etc... there are many ???'s about this cad. Also i'de like to see that that "mic-in" port is. it's like a preamp XLR imput or a minijack imput? i think you could find a lot better out there if you threw down a fe more bucks. for 99 bucks you could get an E-MU O404 which would dominate that card. for 99 you could aslo get an m-audio audiophile which would also do much better.

yeah folks im workin on a real tight budget thats why i choose to get this (maybe) i think the card supports a 3.5'' mm mic plug

what are you using now to do recordings? i really don't think this would be a big improvement to even a motherboard sound system (as in integrated sound). optial connections are cool but do you have any geat to use them?

i use cool edit pro right now actually to record.. i use an atr65 computer mic its not the greatest mic in the world but i think its decent it has a frequency response of about 150-16500

and what do you mean by having gear to use optical connectors i dont know what optical connectors are fill me in

chills said:
...and what do you mean by having gear to use optical connectors i dont know what optical connectors are fill me in

That would be a Fiber-Optic digital connection found on gear that offers digital transfer of the signal via it's own A/D D/A converters.

Check out TweakHeadz Guide and follow through all of the links on the left side of the site. Some good info.

Back to that soundcard ... why would you want a USB card? Are you using a laptop?
In all honesty ... I wouldn't waste money on that card. Use what you have now and save a little more money for something better. I would be inclined to think that Sounblaster Go unit is only a 16 bit card. If so ... it certainly isn't worth spending $50 bucks on.

Back