Just bought a Yamaha MD8

CellarCat

Just finished my first go at recording something with my MD8 i picked up today.Only recorded some Vocals , Acoustic Guitar and Bass .. but it was pretty simple after a quick read of the manual. Of course it will take me awhile to get it all down...I am goin to have a lot of fun with this machine..!!!

Yeah, I have one, its a great machine because its so easy to use. Gives you more time to spend on writing and recording.

Yo CAT IN THE CELLAR:

Try bussing a one track input to two tracks; you can engage this by pressing the group silver button and then pushing down the two tracks you want to record on; you also have to have the RECORD switch depressed to pick up the signal reading for recording level. [but you're not recording yet; just have the record button pushed down.]

I've found that putting the vocal or drums or both on two tracks really adds dimension to the recording because of the available panning/EQ/tweaking in general. And, it just sounds good.

Have fun with your MD-8 - - I enjoy mine.

Green Hornet

Thanks for the tip Green Hornet.. I am sure I will be asking lots of questions in the future LOL.. At least i can ask them in the new minidisk forum :-)

Back