JUNO-D Synthesizer w/ REASON 3

how do i connect tha JUNO-D Synthesizer to reason .. i have an tascam us-428

on JUNO-D Synthesizer i connect MIDI OUT --> TO MIDI IN ON TASCAM PORT 1
MIDI IN --> TO MIDI OUT ON TASCAM PORT 1

REASON WONT READ MY DATA ON JUNO-D Synthesizer { I CANT HEAR ANY SOUND}

IS THERE A SETUP { PERFERENCE} I GOTTA DO IN REASON

ASAP

thanxs in advance

The Juno-D will only function as a controller for Reason.

Reason has no facility to record or sequence external sounds, so anything that you hear coming from Reason is coming from Reason itself.

The guys who make Reason have equipped it with a protocol called ReWire. This makes Reason run in sample-accurate sync with any number of compatable programs that CAN record midi and audio. If you want to make the sounds of your Juno-D part of your compositions, that would be my recommendation for the way to go.

As a simple ReWire host, try Tracktion. The free demo will allow you to try the ReWire feature out and if you like it as much as I do buying Tracktion is still $150 --- one helluva deal for adding external audio, midi, and VSTi's and VST fx to Reason.

If it's a ZIP file that they've got on the Roland web site it's probably a system exclusive file.

Download Midiox which is a shareware utility that's a must for anyone working with midi on a computer, then the update file from the Roland site.

Unzip the file and send it to the Juno-D thru your midi interface using Midiox.

when i unzip tha file i got from roland update site it has 29 midi file

how to i send my midi file using midiox to juno-d

k thanxs in advance

JUNO-D System Update
Note: Updating the operating system will erase all custom User settings. Please back up all important User information before performing the system update.
Tools Needed:
1. JUNO-D
2. MIDI Sequencer or software program capable of playing Standard MIDI Files
3. MIDI cable
4. Update Files
Update Procedure:
1. Connect the MIDI Out of the sequencer to the MIDI In of the JUNO-D.
2. Power On the JUNO-D while holding “KEY MODE” and “ENV or BALANCE/LFO.” The following screen will be displayed
3. Press “1 Piano.” The following screen will be displayed
4. Send all 29 “.mid” update files in consecutive order. Note: While the JUNO-D is receiving data the display will show “Receiving.”
5. Once all data has been sent, the 1 Piano and 2 Key&Org buttons will blink and the following will be displayed:
6. Power Off the JUNO-D.
7. Power On to resume and proceed to the steps on performing the “Factory Reset.”
Factory Reset Procedure:
1. With the power already turned On, press UTILITY.
2. PAGE / CURSOR right or left to select “5:Factory Reset.”
3. Press ENTER.
4. Press ENTER again to confirm. Note: The Factory Rest process will take about 30 seconds to complete. During this time NEVER power down the unit.
5. Once “Completed” is displayed, your may resume normal operation.
© 2005 Roland Corporation U.S.

If you can't follow the directions you posted above, leave your Juno alone.

The current software inside the machine is what you've downloaded the update for, and if you're not comfortable following the steps then it's best to leave it completly alone and move on with making music...

It's all spelled out for you, step by step.

No one here could do a better job than that, even if they had designed the Juno-D and written the software.

Back