Joy of joys! I may finally get a usable studio space!

diggy_dude

Now 169% diggier!
Got back together with my ex a few weeks ago. She has a house in a quiet rural area. Come to find out, she's into home recording too. So there wouldn't be any conflicts with roommates who don't share my interests. There's enough space for a big live room and a good-sized control room right off the live room. The rent would be $40 / month less than I'm paying now. :cool:

i think its a bad idea...I mean have you really gotten over the reasons you split in the first place?

I think you should hold out for a newer chick that has a rural house, shares your hobby, but saves you $50!

:D

How did you never know you were both into home recording? I find that baffling - neither of you ever mentioned it...once?

Sounds like a good deal, though :cool:

All that time she thought he was just singing in the shower! :p
With the synthesizer, vocoder, 4 track and patchbay !

How did you never know you were both into home recording? I find that baffling - neither of you ever mentioned it...once?
A: "You know, my woman and I have been together 18 years and we've never had one argument or even a disagreement or angry word in all that time "
B: "How in the world have you managed that ? "
A: "We just don't talk !".

How did you never know you were both into home recording?

I was collecting vintage Casio keyboards and she was doing online karaoke when we were together before. I don't think either of us had progressed to the point of buying recording gear back then.

I'm not sure if this will end up happening. She keeps talking about fixing up the house before I move in, but when I offer to help she says she wouldn't ask me to do something she wouldn't do herself. She thinks it will be a monumental task and has psyched herself out of doing it. Hell, it wouldn't be that big of a deal to me to light a doobie and fuck around with drywall mud and paint for a few hours on the weekends. Beats sitting around watching TV.

LABEL YOUR CRAP BEFORE YOU MOVE IN

Dymo Corporation 12965 Organizer Xpress Embossing Label Maker

You wont regret it...

Good luck with the studio - can't wait to see your bass trap thread :p

She won't try to gank my stuff. :laughings:

I don't know what I'm going to do about wall treatment. She wants to use the music room for a live room with natural reverb. I told her that wouldn't work for a control room. It will take awhile to educate her about these things.

Back