jealous guy

See, I never think of your voice as being particularly deep, but it's certainly not high either...hmmm. Now I'm confused.

Does falsetto count? :)

Heat, this is interesting info you might enjoy since it's kinda about voice in relation to guitar.
Musical Ranges and How They Relate to Guitars | Fender Tech Talk

This is a pretty interesting list, too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_baritones_in_non-classical_music

Especially interesting is they list Lennon as a baritone.

Last edited:
Yeah I tend not to judge relationships because the chips always fall where they are meant to fall, and who the hell am i...

I just was talking about my hunch with those two more than trying to judge it.

Man I love Bill Burr. That clip is so funny. Chuck Berry must have been a blast to play with -- just from that facial expression when something went clearly wrong.

Sorry, Heat, I didn't mean to derail your thread with armchair relationship talk. It kinda fits with the song, though.

NP. I went there with gusto.

But yeah...never heard of Bill Burr. That was genuinely hilarious.

Oh man, he is up there with Luis CK and such. One of the best comedians of this era for sure.

CK is awesome.

Heat, this is interesting info you might enjoy since it's kinda about voice in relation to guitar.
Musical Ranges and How They Relate to Guitars | Fender Tech Talk

Interesting...yes. I'm going to get me a mezzo-soprano SG!

Notice they don't list any famous or beloved bass vocalists...because there are none! Waaah!

Wait, Rob Halford is a baritone? Rob freakin' Halford???

This is a pretty interesting list, too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_baritones_in_non-classical_music

Especially interesting is they list Lennon as a baritone.

Yes, I found that surprising, as I always thought of his as a nasal, almost whiny kind of higher registered voice.

In a typical grass is always greener kind of situation, most of my favorite vocalists over the years have higher, whinier voices...Wayne Coyne, Ozzy, Jerry Garcia, Lennon...damn it's frustrating.

I do like Johnny Cash though...maybe I could cover something of his? I think I'll cover Johnny covering Hank Williams doing I'm so Lonesome I Could Cry next.

I like it with the lower voice.
I personally think that's a hard tune to cover.
1) because it is from a famous artist, and any lennon fan has the original version memorized to some degree.
2) it's a very personal passionate statement from an artist, and someone who hasn't lived the song would have a tough time being convincing and conveying the emotion intended.
(Kind of like rich white guys trying to do convincing black blues)

Anyway, you did a good job in my eyes..

I like it with the lower voice.
I personally think that's a hard tune to cover.
1) because it is from a famous artist, and any lennon fan has the original version memorized to some degree.
2) it's a very personal passionate statement from an artist, and someone who hasn't lived the song would have a tough time being convincing and conveying the emotion intended.
(Kind of like rich white guys trying to do convincing black blues)

Anyway, you did a good job in my eyes..

Thanks for listening and for the encouragement!

I just didn't correctly assess the level of difficulty heading into it. Seemed doable...lol But yeah, generally I would avoid covering something that is super well known.

I thought it was very good.

The bass sounded nice. It's at the perfect level.

You have a low end to your range. The vocal sounded very nice - even an octave lower than the original.

Guitars, both acoustic and electric, sounded real good.

There is a word here and there that is a little soft. But not real bad.

I thought it was very good.

The bass sounded nice. It's at the perfect level.

You have a low end to your range. The vocal sounded very nice - even an octave lower than the original.

Guitars, both acoustic and electric, sounded real good.

There is a word here and there that is a little soft. But not real bad.

Oh, that's good to hear Trip. Thank you!

I'm mostly happy with the guitar sounds I get. Bass is usually in the ballpark of where I want it. Drums usually ok. Vocals are really hit or miss, mostly miss, so it's good to hear they sounded pretty good to at least some folks. That gives me something to work with.

Back