JBL LSR25P Monitors

Don Tonberry

Ok, I'm a bit new at most of this stuff. I found some JBL LSR25P's used for about $90. Are they worth it? I'm using cheap computer speakers right now and this would be an improvement. I also have a few questions, do both speakers need a power cable? and I can connect my interface to these through RCA cables?

Go to this link, read the review, look at the price, They will be a big step up for computer speakers. If they are not to your taste (a big part of selecting monitors) and you can keep them a while and trade up later, I think you will always get your money back.

Cheers
Alan.

I used them for several years until the amplifier in one died and it wasn't cost effective to repair. They were my first set of monitors.

The speakers are light in bass, but perfectly adequate otherwise for mixing/monitoring. They can get pretty loud for such a small monitor.

For 90 bucks I would grab them in a heartbeat.

I think I paid close to $600 back in the day.

And these are powered monitors, so yes, each would need a power cable, and yes you can connect them with rca's for the audio.

Dang, they were somehow broken when I went to check them out. Are there any other options for cheap monitors maybe relatively small as well? Don't have much room in my studio

I was looking at the Behringer MS20 and Numark NPM5

Last edited:
If you are serious about your music, you really should get studio monitors. You can mix on anything as long as you know how it translates to other systems, but you will achieve quicker results with "flat" monitors as opposed to computer speakers/headphones/stereo speakers which may be hyped to "sound better" to the average listener.

You are going to have to spend some time "getting to know" whatever monitors you purchase...there will still be some time and work involved in understanding how your mixes translate to other systems regardless....it's just probably a shorter learning curve than computer speakers, etc.

Sometimes you just have to jump in and buy something. Learn it...see how it works for you...and then spend a lot more money upgrading down the road after you've learned a few things and trained your ears a bit. :D

I don't have any low end monitor recommendations, but I would go ahead and get something if I were you. It's most likely going to improve your situation at this point, so don't be afraid to jump in.

It's only money. :)

Well?

Did you buy something yet? :confused:

What's taking you so long?

Let's hear a mix already.

:p

*taps foot impatiently*

Well?

Did you buy something yet? :confused:

What's taking you so long?

Let's hear a mix already.

:p

*taps foot impatiently*

I posted a song i did on my cheap computer speakers, but I'm still waiting on some more money so I can actually buy the speakers and some other things but I will update when I get them....whenever that will be

Cool, man. Those monitors, whatever you get, will change your life forever.

There will be no going back at that point.

It's all good.

:D

Long time owner

I have two of these LSR25P speakers.

I had one in the shop under warranty and now the other stopped producing output.

But I have owned these speaker for about 5 years. So they sound good, but not the most reliable. Does anyone know how to check the fuse on the speaker. I have the owner's manual but no mention of changing a fuse.:confused:

But they are always on in my house. I wish that speakers had a way to shut down power if no signal present. Like an LCD monitor...

Back